|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of June, 2006.
Viewing War on Terrorism NEWS articles 1 through 33 of 33.
- The U.S. Military's Virtual Reality about a deadly day in May
- Almost 100 prisoners are on hunger strike at Guantanamo Bay and several detainees are being force-fed, the American military said yesterday.
- If we are to believe the Times Online, British "Islamic radicals" are so worked up over the occupation of Iraq they have joined "al-Qaeda" and have "travelled from Britain to Iraq to join up with a "British brigade" that has been established by Al-Qaeda leaders to fight coalition forces."
- It will be entertaining to watch the case against the 17 "terrorist" suspects arrested by police in Toronto slowly unravel.
- Canada’s version of a neocon leader, PM Stephen Harper, wasted little time squeezing as much mileage as possible out of the supposed foiled terror attack in Ontario, and thus sending the message to all Canadians (and the Straussian neocons to the south) that police state militarization is on track in Canada.
- Not only did the "terrorists" in Canada not have a target for their so-called fertilizer bomb, the fertilizer was delivered by the RCMP as part of a sting operation (i.e., the suspects were framed)...
- No evidence of chemical weapons, supposed Canada attack also discredited
- If it turns out there are no actual terrorists to worry about, then a whole lot of people who like to strut around with guns showing what big men they are and scaring people and sneak around reading other people's mail are suddenly out of work and have to behave themselves...
- Thus, as neocon propaganda would have it, a hell-bent "second generation" of jihadists is at work in America, Canada, Britain, and Europe.
- Bizarre is the only way to explain it.
- From the evidence it is starting to appear that Chand was the kingpin for a government entrapment program that sought to manufacture a terrorist alert by creating a de facto terrorist cell.
- Since when did the CIA need "Arab nations" to do its torturing for it?
- It seems as though Canada's new Conservative government is already doing what many feared: turning us into the 51st state: America Junior.
- Facing indefinite detention with none of the rights afforded formal prisoners of war, or criminal suspects in the U.S. justice system, dozens of the detainees have undertaken hunger strikes.
- Evidence has now come forward in the three-year-old case, showing complicity by CIA agents to keep the Egyptian from talking to Italian authorities in an effort to keep U.S. involvement in terrorist operations quiet.
- ...the implications are obvious; there are now two types of Canadian citizen: The Canadian-born variety (Muslims) and Canadians (the rest).
- Three men have killed themselves in the off-shore gulag that the American government allows itself to have.
- The pursuit of Zarqawi is being sold as the "turning point" of the Iraq war. It is nothing of the sort. This is another lie, heaped upon the multitude of lies that comprise the 'war on terrorism" itself. Could a spectacular pursuit and execution of "Osama bin Laden" be far behind?
- The General, the New York Times and the Gitmo Suicides
- Detaining them while they're alive is one thing, but what does the US want with their dead bodies???
- The alleged Toronto terror plot is being used by Canada’s ruling elite to stampede the public into accepting a dramatic shift to the right in Canada’s foreign and domestic policies.
- Anytime one of their wars goes wrong – the enemy grows stronger, more civilians die – they claim it's the "last throes," desperation, one last wild toss of the dice, etc. The worse things get, the better they're about to get...
- After three inmates killed themselves, the Pentagon declared the suicides an act of "asymmetric warfare", banned the media and went on a PR offensive. But as despair grows within the camp, so too does outrage mount at its brutal and secretive regime
- After five years of what can only be described as intense "terrorism envy" by our security establishment —with their repeated predictions of terrorist acts in Canada — the country has moved up a notch, to terrorism frenzy.
- In another bizarre example of Tony Blair's government playing with the politics of fear, a discredited terror plot concerning Al-Qaeda plans to fly planes into London skyscrapers, an admitted fairy tale manufactured by government lobbyists, resurfaced today as a new story.
- The "al-Qaeda" DVD, amateurish and cartoonish, is yet another propaganda ploy chucked into an unrelenting and turgid stream of propaganda concerning the mostly imaginary exploits of crazed Wahhabist Muslims...
- Terrorism suspect freed on bail; expert attacks accuser's credibility
- The Sears Tower is indeed under threat - not from government created patsies, but the elite itself.
- Framing Nuwaubians as "al-Qaeda" Wannabes
- It is now an established pattern: the government seeks out mental cases and disturbed individuals and turns them into "al-Qaeda" terrorists, or wannabe al-Qaedaites.
- "The Bush Administration hawks are lumping together all kinds of reasons and excuses under the rubric of terrorism and exploiting the horror of 9/11 for political and corporate gain - the war against terrorism has become, in fact, a war for empire."
- The latest terror cell to wage "ground war" on America
- The television news channels carried live shots of the building, as if hijacked airplanes were about to plow into them.
Pages for June, 2006