|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of June, 2006.
Viewing Iraq War NEWS articles 1 through 54 of 54.
- US Killing of Civilians "Fact of Life" in Iraq
- The U.S military said Saturday it had found no wrongdoing in the March 15 raid on a home in Ishaqi that left nine Iraqi civilians dead. But, as with the apparent massacre in Haditha, will a military "coverup" in this case come undone?
- The Way Americans Like Their War
- ...the Pentagon, that veritable fount of veracity, has probed itself for the alleged execution-style slaying of civilians in Ishaqi, and found that the operation -- which left 11 civilians dead, including five children under the age of five -- was in fact an exemplary feat of arms, strictly by the book. (Warning: Graphic photographs show bodies of civilians killed in Ishaqi)
- What will emerge from this process, if all goes as apparently planned, is a docile Iraqi population under an innocuous Iraqi leadership that does the bidding of its American sponsors.
- "I think it's more than possible that these guys were totally tweaked out on speed or something when they shot those civilians in Haditha."
- ...and what's more, "no-one believes these are the true figures from the violence in and around Baghdad as many bodies are not taken to the morgue, or are never found".
- Every warring government propagandizes its people that God is on their nation’s side, even (and especially) when the true purpose behind belligerence is utterly diabolical.
- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi: Dead Again
- Is Zarqawi's Death part of Pentagon PSYOP?
- Michael Berg, whose son Nick was beheaded in Iraq in 2004, said on Thursday he felt no sense of relief at the killing of the al Qaeda leader in Iraq and blamed President Bush for his son's death.
- ...a State Department report cataloging human trafficking across the globe includes allegations that American taxpayers financed such abuses.
- US Colonel James Steele, accomplice of international terrorist Luis Posada Carriles, is advising death squad operations in Iraq...
- Propaganda is when the Western corporate media tries to influence public opinion in favor of the Iraq War by consistently tampering with truth and distorting reality. It is to be expected. And it is to be recognized for what it is.
- "The massacre at Haditha is not an exception to the situation in Iraq, it is a punctuation mark in a longer atrocity — the war itself."
- Someone at the Pentagon should have filled local residents in on the PR stunt. Startled villagers didn't know what to make of US claims that the infamous Zarqawi lived, and was killed (yet again), among them.
- ...Zarqawi's body after two 500 lb. bombs were dropped on the safe house-- photo was neatly matted and framed with gold leaf (obviously done by a 24-hour Baghdad version of Kinko's).
- Maybe we should put quotation marks around the word "die." Maybe those gruesome images of his corpse were photoshopped. Maybe they were real. Who can say? The only thing we can know for sure is that the scarecrow no longer performed its intended function and was thus subject to removal.
- Zarqawi's kin to bury full color glossy
- Propaganda Fonund In Zarqawi's Lair
- America plans to retain a garrison of 50,000 troops, one tenth of its entire army, in Iraq for years to come...
- What was not reported, according to an Iraqi human rights investigator who spoke with IPS on condition of anonymity, was that both women were shot in the back of the head by U.S. snipers.
- Exactly how many legs does this guy have???
- We got our mass murder, and each day we get some more of it. So far, so good. But we sure as hell didn't get it cheaply. It seems that after the invasion, U.S. authorities changed the plan, having decided that the Iraqis should pay in blood, instead of oil.
- I'll bet the locals would have loved to meet and greet their liberator.
- We’ve seen this before. An Iraqi city is surrounded by troops and armored vehicles; the artillery is wheeled into place, the roads are blocked, a giant wall of sand is piled up around the perimeter, and everything goes silent before the final onslaught.
- No amount of "spin" can alter the sense of something degrading and even ludicrous in the spectacle of an American president stealing into a foreign capital, spending five hours on the ground in a series of stage-managed and largely meaningless public appearances, and then flying off under cover of darkness, never having left the safety of the fortified Green Zone in downtown Baghdad.
- No sooner did the corporate media parade gruesome photos of the freshly killed Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, or the person we are expected to believe was al-Zarqawi, then it set about arranging his successor, as evil Muslim boogiemen must remain front and center in the forever war against manufactured terrorism.
- Abu al-Masri, either real or yet another PSYOP contrivance, was created and groomed for domestic consumption, as an endless stream of evil and perfidious Muslims are required for the neocon forever war...
- Iraq Profits, More to Come?
- The Green Zone Follies
- One prisoner was fed only bread and water for 17 days.
- America's problem is again a usurping king called George
- ...the corporate media reports this nonsense without critical comment, or laughing out loud, as they reported without comment the professed fact two 500lb bombs dropped on al-Zarqawi’s "hideout" vaporized walls, produced a large crater, flattened a palm grove, and yet his body was essentially unscathed.
- A morgue’s grim scenes testify to a disintegrating nation...
- ...'cause they keep pulling it.
- What if...they are made to stand, hooded, with faux electrodes attached to their nuts and fingers, told that if they don't start answering questions, well...
- Rome prosecutors Monday called for US marine Mario Lozano to be tried for the shooting of Italian intelligence officer Nicola Calipari in Baghdad...
- Naturally, for propaganda reasons and sheer horror effect, instead of simply executing the captives with a bullet to the back of the head, they were beheaded. No doubt a video of this grisly event will surface soon enough.
- Deeper Into the Quagmire
- Qui Bono?
- Do you want to see a story based on lies and do you want to compare it to Iraq’s WMD? Here is one...
- In Iraq...In Palestine...
- I was moved to compile a list of the many kinds of misfortune which have fallen upon the heads of the Iraqi people as a result of the American liberation of their homeland. It's depressing reading...
- Just in terms of the money spent thus far, here are some of the things that could have been bought for the money that has been worse than wasted in Iraq...
- Israel is one of the world's leading weapons exporters
- U.S. and Iraqi troops struggle with insurgents in armed street battle
- At a time when most Iraqis are enduring blackouts of up to 22 hours a day, the site is floodlighted by night so work can continue around the clock.
- So much for the deadly blow that was allegedly dealt to Al Qaeda by Zarqawi's "death." Iraq is disintegrating.
- Japanese forces start leaving Iraq base
- Operation Knockout in Diyala Demonstrates US Collusion with Death Squads
- A city still under siege
- City is Threatned by Massive US/Iraqi Military Attack
- The U.S. army is investigating reports that five American troops raped a young Iraqi woman, burnt her body and killed three members of her family...
Pages for June, 2006