|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of June, 2006.
Viewing Economics NEWS articles 1 through 24 of 24.
- The family of one oil executive, Lee Raymond (the former ExxonMobil CEO), alone could receive a tax break worth over $160 million.
- Guest-worker legislation legitimizes the idea that some jobs are too dirty or dangerous for Americans, so Corporate America is justified filling them any way they can. We need a labor movement that says no worker is disposable--and fights for justice, dignity and safety for all.
- The great dollar sell-off has begun in earnest, although to a large extent, it's being concealed from the public.
- Dirty, Rotten, Filthy, Stinking Rich!
- What happens when the credit card industry writes congressional legislation? According to the judges who have to enforce it, anarchy.
- Among Wall Street’s capos, that makes Paulson capo di tutti capital markets and the speculator-in-chief of our speculation driven economy, the main manipulator in a manipulated market.
- Was the IMF Involved in Gold Price Manipulation?
- Death by Paper Fiat
- Instead of conveying a determination to put a stop to the slaughter of working class Americans in the auto industry, the President of the UAW resigned himself and the over 600,000 workers he represents to a position of economic servitude and corporate boot-licking.
- 1. Profits are up, but the wages and incomes of average Americans are down.
- "When a critical mass of people are in one place, if you don't empower them they will empower themselves through revolution,..."
- If there is a tactical-nuclear strike on - deja-vu - "weapons of mass destruction" in Iran, who would bet against a certain Oil Exchange and more, being bombed too?
- Getting Ready for World War III.
- Our problem is not poor people crossing our borders seeking work, but rich capital crossing their borders seeking profit. If we stop international finance's invasive penetration of other nation's borders, we won't have to worry about refugees illegally crossing ours.
- Security, Temp Workers, and Oil
- Paying working folks a livable wage helps everyone, but it's been nine years -- and nine Congressional pay raises -- since the minimum wage was last increased.
- In fact, a CEO earned more in one workday than an average worker earned in 52 weeks...
- America's political class looks more like royalty by another means than the product of a dynamic democratic system.
- The rich are the big gainers in America's new prosperity
- Private Insurers are looting the Medicare system
- Our economy depends so much on fossil fuel that a lack of oil without any alternative fuel sources would lead to total chaos.
- That one solitary human being has nearly forty billion dollars to dispose of, with a good deal left over, is appalling in itself, at a time when 1.1 billion people, one-fifth of the world’s population, live on less than $1 a day and some 3 billion on less than $2.
- The richest 1% of Americans own 40% of the nation’s household wealth
- Many Americans don't realize that when employers collect "subsidies" in order to provide health "benefits" to their employees, in effect, employees are paying for those so-called benefits themselves.
Pages for June, 2006