|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of December, 2005.
Viewing Globalization NEWS articles 1 through 9 of 9.
- America is meant to lose the war in Iraq. America is meant to lose the war on terror. America is meant to descend into anarchy at home.
- Within the past two days Leading Democrats have all stated their support for the war in Iraq, once again highlighting how we must see beyond the false left / right paradigm and make it known to others that the Republicans and the Democrats are left and right arms used for the same agenda by the elite policy makers.
- "Building supply side capacity" implies the destruction of food sovereignty and the reorientation of Third World agriculture to corporate farming of cash crops for exports. "Trade related infrastructure" implies privatization of energy and water services, privatization of highways, ports and airports and the Walmartisation of retail. In other words, the aid for trade implies World Bank and IMF using their financial muscle to impose trade liberalization and privatization as conditionalities on developing countries.
- Whether it is water provision in Bolivia or health insurance in Kenya, the WTO is set to cement international trading according to the golden rule - that those who have the gold make the rules.
- This is a story that implicates all of us. Torture, and fear of torture, are factors in holding costs down in our new-age globalized production system. Take just-in-time delivery, add a touch of submersion in shit, fear of beating, fear of drowning, and voilà! You get Wal-Mart’s everyday low prices.
- The backdrop for the short event were placards and posters that read, "WTO: Hands Off Our Food" and "Monsanto Plunders and Kills Peasants and the Planet".
- Norma Binas, a leader of the Philippines May 1st Movement Labour Center, said she was flagged for interrogation at passport control and then escorted by 10 police officers with machine-guns to a special solitary interrogation room.
- Police used chemical spray on protesters led by radical Korean farmers as they tried to storm the first day of World Trade Organisation talks in Hong Kong yesterday.
- Is it possible that global civilization might collapse within our lifetime or that of our children? Until recently, such an idea was the preserve of lunatics and cults. In the past few years, however, an increasing number of intelligent and credible people have been warning that global collapse is a genuine possibility. And many of these are sober scientists...
Pages for December, 2005