|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of December, 2005.
Viewing Government / The Elite NEWS articles 1 through 51 of 51.
- Linked by Leo Strauss - Close advisors schooled in 'the noble lie' and "regime change"
- ...California Republican Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham steered $500 million in defense contracts in less than a decade, according to the company’s own website, to a start-up San Diego software firm which—and here’s the beauty part—doubled as a lobbying firm.
- This looks like an ominous pattern to me.
- ... it is the secrecy and immunity provisions of the legislation that have alarmed patient rights and open government advocates. The agency would be exempt from the Freedom of Information and Federal Advisory Committee acts, both considered crucial for monitoring government accountability.
- ...Neil is taking part in a family tradition. Barbara and George H.W. Bush have long attended Moon's lucrative and stately peace festivities...
- If Michael Ignatieff is anything, it's connected, and I do not mean just to the relatively small establishment of Canada, I mean connected to the shadowy godfathers of world empire. Ignatieff has a rich career in America where truly loyal service, whether by natural or adopted sons, is always handsomely rewarded.
- The State Department has been using political litmus tests to screen private American citizens before they can be sent overseas to represent the United States, weeding out critics of the Bush administration's Iraq policy...In one recent case, a leading expert on conflict resolution who's a former senior State Department adviser was scheduled to participate in a U.S. Embassy-sponsored videoconference in Jerusalem last month, but at the last minute he was told that his participation no longer was required.
- The big corporate interests that pumped money into Tom DeLay's scheme to control the Texas legislature and break precedent by rewriting an established congressional redistricting plan in mid-decade, knew full well what they bought in Texas. They bought our government.
- Barbara’s always been the grittiest street-fighter in the famiglia Bush; an imperious Wagnerian she-wolf with enough verve and venom to take down a dozen Cheneys
- Almost every US lawmaker takes big money aimed at helping private interests win favorable government action. If they stash the cash for themselves, it's illegal. If they use it to get reelected, keep their job, and help the private interests, it's generally legal. Either way, money still talks in Washington...
- "America: one of the finest countries anyone ever stole."
- We now have a certifiable loon in charge of the most powerful military on the face of the earth. Shouldn't someone do something?
- Neil, we know, is following Poppy's lead: Moon led his father across South America in the mid-90s, stuffing a hundred grand in his pocket for his trouble, which naturally was no trouble at all for either man.
- "I would like to outlaw contraception...contraception is disgusting – people using each other for pleasure."
- The Conservative party has accepted a £93,000 donation from a fund run by one of Britain’s most senior freemasons.
- In a further twist...it emerged that Mr Cameron's wife Samantha has Royal connections too.
- "Do you realize that the only thing that gives democracy existence is sin? The absence of democracy is perfect obedience to god."
- Federal contractors, lobbying companies and outside groups spend almost $1.5 million to sponsor trips for White House employees.
- Additional ties between southern Christian fundamentalists, Texas oil interests, and Russian-Israeli mobsters and weapons smugglers uncovered. According to informed Washington insiders, there is increasing evidence of financial links between key "Christian Right" GOP notables and an international ring of Russian-Ukrainian-Israeli mobsters tied to notorious Russian weapons smuggler Viktor Vasilevich (aka Anatoliyevich) Bout.
- Oliver North, now a celebrity with a television show on Fox News, indirectly killed far more people than Tookie Williams ever did, and the corporate media has no interest in underscoring this obvious fact because North is considered a "patriot" and Williams a bottom-feeding gangbanger.
- The Cheney detour allegedly took place on Friday, January 28, after he paid a quick visit to the Auschwitz camp and wrote in the guest book "may the evils committed here never again darken our world."
- You will note that many on this list, categorized as war criminals, ironically, are among the most powerful and wealthy US citizens.
- Bush has stacked his foreign advisory board with his Texas business pals, who stand to profit from access to CIA and military intelligence.
- Amtrak's directors, appointed by the Bush administration based on cronyism, not competence, are shirking their responsibilities and dismantling - through outsourcing and privatization schemes - the very rail company they are charged with strengthening.
- The University of Chicago routinely trained me and innumerable other students to become ruthless and unprincipled Machiavellians. That is precisely why so many neophyte Neo-Con students gravitated towards the University of Chicago or towards Chicago Alumni at other universities. Years later, the University of Chicago became the "brains" behind the Bush Jr. Empire and his Ashcroft Police State.
- Bush’s radio speech...will be proclaimed as the same thing of one of the moves Hitler made in Germany to strengthen corporatist Nazi Germany.
- Much is unclear about the Lincoln Group, its youthful executive vice-president and his string of previous companies that have left only the faintest paper trail. Indeed, Christian Bailey may not be his real name: a number of student associates said at some point during his four years that he changed his name from Yusefovich - an unlikely surname for someone called Christian.
- The newfound "outrage" belies the fact that there was no such congressional outrage when it mattered -- four, five years ago, and every single day since 9/11. The major crimes of the US government, including 9/11, remain unaddressed, or have become the subject of massive disinformation and cover-up.
- What do two of the biggest national-security news stories of the century — the Valerie Plame leak scandal and the legal case of FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds — have in common?
- This is the un-Camp David of duck decoys and oyster fests, a place where the two prosecutors of the war in Iraq amuse each other and seem poised to retire after 2008.
- Behind George W, there are four generations of Bushes and Walkers devoted first to using political networks to pile up and protect personal fortunes and, latterly, to using absolutely any means to gain office, not because they want to do good, but because they are what passes in American for hereditary aristocrats. In sum, George Bush stands at the apex of a pyramid of privilege whose history and social significance that, given his animosity to scholarly thought, he almost certainly does not understand.
- Behind every war criminal is a criminal idea.
- The political financiers made an investment in the Bush family, an investment that paid off.
- 8 Pioneers and Rangers face wide range of allegations
- Over the past six years, the former House majority leader and his associates have visited places of luxury most Americans have never seen, often getting there aboard corporate jets arranged by lobbyists and other special interests.
- After a brief hiatus from the public spotlight, Neil Bush is back. Within a three-month period, Bush has shown up in Latvia, Ukraine and Georgia with Russian fugitive Boris Berezovsky, and has appeared at the side of the Unification Church's Rev. Sun Myung Moon in Taiwan and the Philippines.
- We know that our government is not our government anymore. We know that our Constitution is nothing more than paper, and we know that American history is bad for children. Why do we know this? Because our government is not a government, but is, in fact, a conspiracy.
- Is Mr. Fitzgerald following his previous conduct when he was the Assistant US Attorney for the Southern District of NY ? Then he, along with Michael Chertoff, covered up the clear involvement of an FBI informant who, acting on orders of the Bureau, attempted to bomb the World Trade Center Towers in 1993.
- Vice President Dick Cheney didn't suffer for lack of comfort on the cavernous cargo plane that he rode into Iraq and Afghanistan this week.
- President Bush has granted 11 pardons, bringing to 69 the number of clemency orders he has issued since taking office five years ago, the Justice Department said
- Bobby Eberle gave the most definitive "eyewitness account" of an American Airlines Boeing jetliner hitting the Pentagon on 9/11, despite voluminous physical evidence to the contrary. His history as a preeminient BS artist leaves him well-qualified for a top spot in the Texas Republican hierarchy.
- 25 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Quotes by Various Idiots
- Michael Chertoff, our head of Homeland Security has a name that literally means "of the devil" in Russian. Seldom has real life been more Dickensian.
- Playboy playmate Anna Nicole Smith has an unusual bedfellow in the Supreme Court fight over her late husband's fortune: the Bush administration.
- The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) allegedly asked a woman to cover up the fact her children were sexually assaulted by a senior officer.
- The year 2005 was bright and shiny on Earth II, where George Bush lives. And why not? News of reality from Earth I never makes it to the president's desk.
- ...we the people of the United States face multiple imminent dangers from within our own borders. These threats have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism or hoarded weapons of mass destruction. These threats come directly from the policies of George W. Bush and his supporters in Congress!
- ...the doomsday plan moves to near the top three undersecretaries who are Rumsfeld loyalists and who previously worked for Vice President Dick Cheney when he was defense secretary.
- With 2006 upon us, the voices in my head and I decided this would be the perfect time to study the behavior of politicians and pundits last year and inaugurate "The First Annual M.F. Awards."
- Nonprofit Group Linked to Lawmaker Was Funded Mostly by Clients of Lobbyist
- The plea agreement would secure the lobbyist's testimony against several members of Congress who received favors from him or his clients.
Pages for December, 2005