|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of December, 2005.
Viewing Environment NEWS articles 1 through 12 of 12.
- Researchers who work for the U.S. Congress say the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) skewed its analysis of air pollution legislation to favour President George W. Bush's plan.
- ...as long as the public believes there is no scientific consensus, inaction on anthropogenic climate change is guaranteed.
- Maps show 40% of Earth's land is used for agriculture - Growing human 'footprint' a risk to the environment.
- The Inuit people of the Arctic have filed a landmark human rights complaint against the US, blaming the world's No 1 carbon polluter for stoking the global warming that is destroying their habitat.
- As wetlands disappear and shorelines are degraded, the Great Lakes are losing their ability to cope with environmental stress and ward off a catastrophic breakdown, scientists said Thursday.
- Two of Greenland's largest glaciers are retreating at an alarming pace, most likely because of climate warming, scientists said Wednesday. The other glacier, Helheim, is retreating at about 7 miles a year — up from 4 miles a year during the same period.
- Forty-nine activists who destroyed genetically modified crops have been acquitted of criminal charges in a French court.
- The groups argue that rising global temperatures endangers polar bears by melting the ice floes on which the giant predators prowl and hunt.
- Scientists have for the first time found evidence that polar bears are drowning because climate change is melting the Arctic ice shelf.
- Does the radical environmental group really exist?
- The Toxic Air in Black America
- Mercury rising, stormy weather - our world is taking a battering
Pages for December, 2005