|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of April, 2005.
Viewing Police State / Military NEWS articles 1 through 17 of 17.
- As representatives of a superpower devoted to (and enamored with) war, it's hardly surprising that the Pentagon and allied corporations are forever planning more effective ways to kill, maim, and inflict pain - or that they plan to keep it that way.
- A group of top US scientists, including nine Nobel Prize winners, called on Congress Thursday to stop funding deployment of interceptor missiles for a controversial ground-based missile defense system, saying it was incapable of defending against a real attack.
- As the Defense Department begins to look beyond the war in Iraq, a major priority will be to commence a systematic realignment of US forces and bases abroad. This massive undertaking will result in a substantial reduction of American forces in Germany and South Korea, and the establishment of new facilities in Eastern Europe, the Caspian Sea basin, Southeast Asia and Africa.
- The Department of Education is considering a plan to maintain files on virtually every college and university student in the country: 15 million students from 6,000 schools.
- To implement their 'final solution' to depopulate 4-5 billion people from the Earth, the world's elite will undoubtedly harness the newly emerging biotech and nanotechnology industries to create a super 'bioweapon' virus creating a global 'kill-off' pandemic through which only they will have the cure.
- Molecular biologists and microbiologists are being murdered. The official silence on the question of how so many microbiologists and top experts in infectious diseases could die in such a short time span is deafening.
- The U.S. military has assembled the world's most formidable hacker posse: a super-secret, multimillion-dollar weapons program that may be ready to launch bloodless cyberwar against enemy networks -- from electric grids to telephone nets.
- Hundreds in the Marshall Islands have developed cancer as a result of US bomb tests, and many more are likely to contract the disease
- Completely unannounced, both the super powers are launching thousands of missiles from both land based and aircraft launched these missiles that are being directed out of the earth’s atmosphere into the outer space regions of our planets atmosphere.
- An airline mechanic accidentally discovers an extra, unexplained plumbing system in an airliner. This plumbing system was designed to discharge something through the wings. It is not a normal part of any known airliner plumbing system. Is this the system used to create "chem-trails"?
- The creation of NORTHCOM, as part of the "unified plan" in the wake of 9/11, established the military's first domestic combatant command center. This precedent departs from a long-standing tradition of distinguishing between the responsibilities of the military and those of law enforcement.
- At the end of the Cold War, Americans said "yes" to military power. The skepticism about arms and armies that pervaded the American experiment from its founding vanished. Political leaders, liberals and conservatives alike, became enamored with military might.
- WIth a vote of hand-picked lobbyists, the president could terminate any federal agency he dislikes.
- The National Security Agency is not supposed to target Americans; when a U.S. citizen's name comes up in an NSA 'intercept,' the agency routinely minimizes dissemination of the info by masking the name before it distributes the report to other U.S. agencies. But it's now clear the agency disseminates thousands of U.S. names
- Bolton was verbally and physically abusive to his colleagues over the past several years. It is time to take a close look at some violent deaths of State Department and CIA officials who tangled with the Bush administration over Iraq policy.
- US and European governments are building a "global registration and surveillance infrastructure" in the US-led "war on terror", civil liberty groups warned yesterday. The aim is to monitor the movements and activities of entire populations in what campaigners call "an unprecedented project of social control".
- Four major 20th century "wars" possess a strange amount of similarities. World War I, World War II, the Vietnam War, and the War on Terror, all came about after presidents had deceivingly pledged opposition to such ideas. Moreover, each war had a convenient pre-text that propelled the nation into the conflict, and each one served the purpose of the architects of internationalism.
Pages for April, 2005