View without photos
View with photos

FBI Harasses Informant of Former Agent John O'Neill
by Greg Szymanski    The Arctic Beacon
Entered into the database on Sunday, September 18th, 2005 @ 12:35:25 MST


Untitled Document

Janet Parker says agents discredited her association with O'Neill and discounted she saw London bombing suspect in Seattle in 2002. Agents told her she needed psychiatric help and was fabricating story for public attention. Parker denies FBI allegations

FBI agents two weeks ago made an unexpected visit to a close friend and former informant of deceased bureau agent John O’Neill after a Seattle woman recently went public on numerous radio stations and news outlets, saying O’Neill told her government bigwigs thwarted his Al Qaeda undercover manhunt just months prior to 9/11.

O’Neill was killed on 9/11 at the World Trade Center (WTC), some say in a suspicious manner, after being forced out of the FBI and taking a cushy top security position at the WTC, starting his $350,000 a year job on Sept. 10, only a day before the towers collapsed.

Janet Parker, 53, who knew O’Neill for 30 years and helped him on numerous investigations, including the 1993 world Trade Center bombing, said agents called her on Sept. 8, asking her to be at Gene Coulon Park in Renton, WA, at 4:30pm or otherwise they were going to pay her a personal visit.

“I decided to meet them because I know how these guys work,” said Parker Saturday from her Renton home near Seattle, adding agents were concerned with her statements about O’Neill and her claims she saw Haroon Rashid Aswat in Seattle in the spring of 2002.

Aswat, a known terrorist possibly being protected by American and British Intelligence, was in O’Neill’s cross-hairs as far back as 1999 during the Millennium investigation, claims Parker. He is also suspected of being involved in the recent London bombings commonly referred to as 7/7.

Reports first surfaced by journalist John Loftus that Aswat was being protected by M16, an arm of British Intelligence and by the U.S. Justice Department. Loftus added that Aswat was in the U.S. in 1999 and certain officials were seeking indictments, but were thwarted by higher-ups in the Justice Department since Aswat was apparently working for British intelligence.

During the Sept. 8 meeting, Parker said FBI agent Rick Contel insisted Aswat could not have been in Seattle during the time Parker claimed, adding that throughout the 40 minute FBI meeting agents kept hinting she may need a psychiatrist or was simply seeking public attention.

“They tried to make me out to be crazy and said they had no intentions of following up my accusations, dismissing them as untrue fabrications,” said Parker. “My belief is that John O’Neill had wanted to arrest Aswat and was prevented from doing that once in 1999 during the Millennium investigation and again right before 9/11 in July 2001 when he was working with sting ops with me.

“I believe Aswat is the reason I was exposed and now do not have the cooperation of federal agents to protect me. I believe he may have betrayed John O’Neill as well.”

Regarding Parker’s earlier accusations that O’Neill 9/11 investigation was thwarted by government bigwigs as late as July and August of 2001, she claims FBI asked her if the article with her comments first appearing in the Arctic Beacon last month, were true and accurate.

“I told them that except for a few minor details everything in the article was true, including my relationship with O’Neill and how his 9/11 investigation was thwarted by the U.S. government,” said Parker. “Agent Contel of course denied that I could have had contact with John O’Neill and when I insisted I did, he bean asserting that I may need psychiatric help, which I considered to be a form of intimidation or a way of telling me how they planned to smear me in the future.

“I think they were just trying to let me know they were watching and that they didn’t appreciate me going public. I am not good in situations when I am confronted by officials and didn’t say much in response to their accusations.”

Parker decided to go public in order to let the American people know 9/11 could have been prevented if O’Neill had been allowed to pursue his terrorist investigation. She added that O’Neill’s private comments to her about how his own bureau was hindering his investigation, months prior to 9/11, only made it cleared how the U.S. government had its dirty hands in bringing about 9/11.

“This meeting was strange and I really don’t know what to expect,” she said. “All I ever wanted to do was assist John when he asked for my help and it’s amazing how I am being harassed for what I did. It makes me wonder even more just what the government is really hiding. If they weren’t hiding anything, wouldn’t they be trying to help me and not harass me.

“When I heard about John’s death at the WTC, I knew it sounded suspicious. He was offered a security job at three times his FBI salary after being relegated to a desk job two months before 9/11. At that critical time, he was getting close to obtaining warrants with my help at what we thought was a major east coast terrorist cell planning a big event soon, an event which later turned out to be 9/11.”

Parker, a veterinarian and long time informant of O’Neill who was a high ranking FBI agent and considered an expert in terrorism, first went public in the Arctic Beacon, saying O’Neill was stopped by his bosses only months prior to 9/11 from getting a wire tap on a major cell leader, Shadrack Manyathella, who had close ties with Ali Mohammad, a suspected CIA double operative and Mohammad Atta, the alleged 9/11 ring leader.

“His own bureau blocked him every step of the way, but John wanted me to bate Shadrack and get as much information as possible,” said Parker in the original article.

“Shadrack was anxious to get me into his organization, since I was considered a valuable asset as a veterinarian. Also, he wanted me to marry another one of his friends named Mohammad, I think so he could get him citizenship papers and a passport.”

During July 2001, O’Neill and Parker communicated numerous times, sharing vital information and trying to determine the best way to uncover Shadrack’s plans, as O’Neil told Parker “something big was in the works and coming down soon.”

Although O’Neill was working non-stop, day and night, to connect the dots and pin down Shadrack and the intentions of other terrorists, traveling back and forth from Europe and Yemen about the USS Cole bombing as well as trying to stop future attacks.

However, Parker said during this time O’Neill also became very despondent and depressed by the lack of cooperation he was getting from FBI headquarters.