|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
The editor has fallen ill with a very grave illness. Without her assistance this site would not exist. I would like to express my personal gratitude to her. Her effort, support, and contributions through the years have been precious. Please share my positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for her. God bless you, get well soon.
Viewing Iraq War NEWS articles 1 through 75 of 1126
- Thousands of men in Iraq have given up and walked away from the "Surge" program and resentment toward the U.S. has reached a boiling point.
- The American firm Blackwater USA has been served notice that it faces investigations for war crimes after 17 unarmed Iraqi civilians were killed in a hail of bullets by its security guards in Baghdad.
- Federal prosecutors are investigating whether employees of the private security firm Blackwater USA illegally smuggled into Iraq weapons that may have been sold on the black market and ended up in the hands of a U.S.-designated terrorist organization, officials said Friday.
- Why the hubbub over a B-52 taking off from a B-52 base in Minot, North Dakota and subsequently landing at a B-52 base in Barksdale, Louisiana?
- The U.S. military used neutron weapons in the Battle of Baghdad, says a former commander of Iraq’s Republican Guard. And at least one retired U.S. Army officer is backing up his charge.
- The British Army has been defeated in Iraq and left with no option but to retreat from the country, claims radical Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr. Violent resistance and a rising death toll among UK troops has forced a withdrawal.
- President Bush charged Thursday that Iran continues to arm and train insurgents who are killing U.S. soldiers in Iraq, and he threatened action if that continues.
- Deaths directly and indirectly attributable to the U.S. invasion and occupation of Iraq have neared one million people, a body count higher than the genocides in Rwanda and Sudan combined, according to a new report released by Just Foreign Policy.
- Charges of heinous abuses of workers have long dogged the reconstruction effort. Despite US measures designed to halt labor abuses perpetrated by contractors working on US-funded projects in Iraq, anecdotal evidence indicates serious problems persist.
- After four years of war, American Marines and soldiers have become socialized to atrocity. It is a short psychological leap, but a massive moral leap. It is a leap from killing -- the shooting of someone who has the capacity to do you harm -- to murder -- the deadly assault against someone who cannot harm you. The war in Iraq is now primarily about murder. There is very little killing.
- I've recently received several emails from Iraq...they show the living hell that Iraq has become under US occupation.
- After enduring two major assaults, Fallujah is under threat from U.S. forces again, residents say.
- Halliburton has become synonymous with war profiteering, but there are lots of other greedy fingers in the pie. We name names on 10 of the worst.
- Porn for Troops
- The Ambiguous Claim of British Disengagement from Iraq
- Scores of American troops are deserting — even from the front line in Iraq. But where have they gone? And why isn’t the US Army after them?
- A chief prosecutor of Nazi war crimes at Nuremberg has said George W. Bush should be tried for war crimes along with Saddam Hussein.
- Like its predecessor, the latest proceeding against Hussein is a gross violation of international law, which bars an occupying power from establishing new legal institutions in a conquered country.
- The Timing of U.S. Troop Build-up: Iran and the Broader Middle East
- Surprisingly, the BBC carried this...
- This would not be the first time that US imperialism has ousted one of its own puppets.
- From coffin makers to professional mourners who weep and wail at ceremonies, a wave of killings in Baghdad is fueling a boom in the funeral industry.
- There is excellent reason to believe that the Department of Defense is deliberately not reporting a significant number of the dead in Iraq.
- Custer Battles had won over $100 million in contracts for work in Iraq. Its politically connected founders defrauded the government with brazen non-concern.
- While most people have reached a (false) conclusion that the U.S. has "failed" to shape Iraq according to its planned agenda, it is not hard to see that the U.S. is carrying out its original plan to destroy Iraq and colonise its people and national resources.
- The president's plans to subject Iraq to the most radical forms of capitalism are as responsible as the war itself for the destruction of Iraq.
- Three More Cheers for the Jury System!
- Half of Americans now say Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when the United States invaded the country in 2003 -- up from 36 percent last year...
- "...three defence lawyers met with the president on Saturday and found him in good health and high morale..."
- A dirty war conducted by the U.S which pits against one ethnic group will make civil war more likely, which was always a medium-term U.S. goal as it allows it to follow the classic imperial tactic of "divide and rule".
- Gunmen Kidnap 600 in Washington, D.C.
- Iraq's reconstruction has been a crude taxpayer rip-off -- and while $30 billion has been spent, only 30 percent of Iraqis are even aware of the rebuilding effort
- She was only 14 when a squad of all-American "Christian" good-old-boys killed her family, raped her, and burned her body
- ...we certainly can't have that
- The people of Fallujah are struggling to survive amidst skyrocketing unemployment, lack of medical supplies and ongoing violence in the city.
- Snow Jobs, Zarqawi and Bogus Peace Plans
- Details emerge in alleged atrocity by U.S. troops
- Not According to the Way the US Compensates Victims
- A look at criminal cases against U.S. soldiers stemming from the deaths of Iraqis since the war began in 2003
- The "Troops Home Fast" will begin after a final meal in front of White House
- The U.S. army is investigating reports that five American troops raped a young Iraqi woman, burnt her body and killed three members of her family...
- City is Threatned by Massive US/Iraqi Military Attack
- A city still under siege
- Operation Knockout in Diyala Demonstrates US Collusion with Death Squads
- Japanese forces start leaving Iraq base
- So much for the deadly blow that was allegedly dealt to Al Qaeda by Zarqawi's "death." Iraq is disintegrating.
- At a time when most Iraqis are enduring blackouts of up to 22 hours a day, the site is floodlighted by night so work can continue around the clock.
- U.S. and Iraqi troops struggle with insurgents in armed street battle
- Israel is one of the world's leading weapons exporters
- Just in terms of the money spent thus far, here are some of the things that could have been bought for the money that has been worse than wasted in Iraq...
- I was moved to compile a list of the many kinds of misfortune which have fallen upon the heads of the Iraqi people as a result of the American liberation of their homeland. It's depressing reading...
- In Iraq...In Palestine...
- Do you want to see a story based on lies and do you want to compare it to Iraq’s WMD? Here is one...
- Qui Bono?
- Deeper Into the Quagmire
- Naturally, for propaganda reasons and sheer horror effect, instead of simply executing the captives with a bullet to the back of the head, they were beheaded. No doubt a video of this grisly event will surface soon enough.
- Rome prosecutors Monday called for US marine Mario Lozano to be tried for the shooting of Italian intelligence officer Nicola Calipari in Baghdad...
- What if...they are made to stand, hooded, with faux electrodes attached to their nuts and fingers, told that if they don't start answering questions, well...
- ...'cause they keep pulling it.
- A morgue’s grim scenes testify to a disintegrating nation...
- ...the corporate media reports this nonsense without critical comment, or laughing out loud, as they reported without comment the professed fact two 500lb bombs dropped on al-Zarqawi’s "hideout" vaporized walls, produced a large crater, flattened a palm grove, and yet his body was essentially unscathed.
- America's problem is again a usurping king called George
- One prisoner was fed only bread and water for 17 days.
- The Green Zone Follies
- Iraq Profits, More to Come?
- Abu al-Masri, either real or yet another PSYOP contrivance, was created and groomed for domestic consumption, as an endless stream of evil and perfidious Muslims are required for the neocon forever war...
- No sooner did the corporate media parade gruesome photos of the freshly killed Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, or the person we are expected to believe was al-Zarqawi, then it set about arranging his successor, as evil Muslim boogiemen must remain front and center in the forever war against manufactured terrorism.
- No amount of "spin" can alter the sense of something degrading and even ludicrous in the spectacle of an American president stealing into a foreign capital, spending five hours on the ground in a series of stage-managed and largely meaningless public appearances, and then flying off under cover of darkness, never having left the safety of the fortified Green Zone in downtown Baghdad.
- We’ve seen this before. An Iraqi city is surrounded by troops and armored vehicles; the artillery is wheeled into place, the roads are blocked, a giant wall of sand is piled up around the perimeter, and everything goes silent before the final onslaught.
- I'll bet the locals would have loved to meet and greet their liberator.
- We got our mass murder, and each day we get some more of it. So far, so good. But we sure as hell didn't get it cheaply. It seems that after the invasion, U.S. authorities changed the plan, having decided that the Iraqis should pay in blood, instead of oil.
- Exactly how many legs does this guy have???
- What was not reported, according to an Iraqi human rights investigator who spoke with IPS on condition of anonymity, was that both women were shot in the back of the head by U.S. snipers.
- America plans to retain a garrison of 50,000 troops, one tenth of its entire army, in Iraq for years to come...
- Propaganda Fonund In Zarqawi's Lair
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>