|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
The editor has fallen ill with a very grave illness. Without her assistance this site would not exist. I would like to express my personal gratitude to her. Her effort, support, and contributions through the years have been precious. Please share my positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for her. God bless you, get well soon.
Viewing International Affairs NEWS articles 301 through 375 of 1352
- Zarifa Dzhabieva, a former translator for the American embassy was found knifed to death in her own home.
- Former Mossad spy: the entire Hamas Cabinet is now a legitimate target for assassination
- The fact that the King has offered to return executive power "to the people" (presumably hoping to remain as a constitutional monarch and bide his time for a renewed putsch), and that this has been rejected suggests that this revolt is going all the way...
- Prime Minister Tony Blair's Labour Party spent $13,700 on hairstyling bills for his wife, Cherie, during last year's monthlong general election campaign, a newspaper reported Friday.
- Defy us and we'll destroy you.
- Nepal and Venezuela
- The gathering and holding of information has permeated into every facet of life in Great Britain and no one batters an eyelid. It's time to reveal what's really going to happen in the UK.
- Twelve hours is the maximum time necessary for American bombers to gear up and launch an unprovoked sneak attack...The planes are already on continuous alert, making "nuclear delivery" practice runs along the Iranian border...waiting only for the signal from President George W. Bush to drop their payloads of conventional and nuclear weapons on some 400 targets spread throughout the condemned land.
- How dare this woman interrupt our court-appointed and Diebold voting machine selected monarch and his guest...
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Wednesday again raised the specter of U.S. designs to oust him and promised that his government will blow up his country's oil fields if the United States should ever attack.
- Israeli policy makers and their allies, the US and the EU, are determined to bring the Hamas-led Palestinian Authority to its knees. This “Axis of Double Standards” touts its moral high ground even while it bullies, bombs and blackmails countries that refuse to mold themselves in its image.
- Throughout the morning dozens of Nablus women have disappeared. Several elderly and young women are included in the list of the arrested.
- After being marginalized for centuries, indigenous citizens across Latin America are organizing in unprecedented ways to demand -- and sometimes obtain -- a role in government and a share of resources from a European-dominated ruling class.
- ...they're doing it by demonizing Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Frias with a building and resonating drumbeat of invective in advance of the US government's fourth attempt to oust him.
- Crude propaganda posters mirror images from Orwell's 1984
- The plan is all too clear. We will subject the Palestinians to an indefinite period of increasing impoverishment, hunger, chronic malnutrition, escalating unemployment, financial isolation, and social and political chaos, and at some point on the downward curve of this disaster our increased humanitarian assistance will make its way to Palestine, where it may help keep a few people alive.
- The United States began planning a full-scale military campaign against Iran that involves missile strikes, a land invasion and a naval operation to establish control over the Strait of Hormuz even before the March 2003 invasion of Iraq...
- The effort, overseen by Elizabeth Cheney, a deputy assistant secretary of state who is a daughter of Vice President Dick Cheney, has been denounced by Iran's leaders as meddling in their internal affairs.
- Popular forces in Nepal have stepped up their campaign to overthrow the government of King Gyanendra and end the monarchy.
- British officers took part in a US war game aimed at preparing for a possible invasion of Iran, despite repeated claims by the foreign secretary, Jack Straw, that a military strike against Iran is inconceivable.
- It’s a re-run, complete with inappropriate if well-worn analogies from the disgusting neocon, William Kristol.
- "I would say -- and this may shock some -- I think the decision has been made and military operations are under way..."
- Water as Commodity and Weapon
- Like the constitution-hijacking bill now reaching its final stages, and the criminalizing of peaceful protest, ID cards are designed to control the lives of ordinary citizens (as well as enrich the new Labor-favored companies that will build the computer systems).
- Police in Britain hold vastly more DNA samples than any other country in the Western world, and many are from people who have never committed a crime.
- US imperialism has embarked upon a trajectory that will, if not stopped, lead to a world historic catastrophe that will make World War II pale by comparison.
- As U.S. and NATO descend upon the Caribbean in two exercises designed to intimidate populist and progressive governments and political movements in Latin America, comes word from U.S. intelligence sources that U.S. Special Forces are training Guyanese rebels in Guyana for cross-border incursions into the eastern part of Venezuela.
- MEK’s task is to create tension in Iran’s minority communities and seed the sort of ethnic division and animosity currently at work in Iraq. Remember, for the neocons, the idea is to balkanize the entire region through ethnic and tribal divisions that will result in "civil war."
- Whether psychological warfare or serious premeditation, leading the charge are clearly the same aggressive nationalist and pro-Israel elements within and outside the administration that were behind the drive to war in Iraq.
- "There is already active discussion and even planning of such strikes...It is now my working hypothesis that at least some members of the administration, including the vice president...have made up their mind that the preferred option is to strike Iran..."
- They are astronomical.
- Italy's centre-left opposition leader Romano Prodi has been declared official winner of the parliamentary election after an extremely close race.
- ...unabated and uncondemned
- Three weeks after the shooting, the British cameraman James Miller, 34, was shot dead by another soldier from the same unit just a mile away.
- The single-minded goal of the United States in the Middle East is control of the oil, regardless of the cost.
- What happens in a real revolution? Nothing could be simpler: power and property are taken away from the privileged few in order to distribute to the people the wealth the exploiters once hogged.
- With Big Oil’s dreams of unfettered domination of Iraq going up in smoke, U.S. imperialism is lashing out - and driven to desperate acts, it is targeting oil producing countries that refuse to bow to its control, like Iran, Venezuela and Sudan.
- Classified memos obtained by The Dominion through Access to Information Act request raise new questions about the extent of Canadian participation in the 2004 coup against Haiti's democratically elected President Jean Bertrand Aristide.
- Presence of U.S. bombers in England seen as advance signals
- French student leaders celebrated "a decisive victory" today after President Chirac announced that he was ditching a contentious new jobs law that would have made it easier for employers to sack young workers.
- "Israel preparing its own attack"
- Canada’s new minority Conservative government used Tuesday’s inaugural parliamentary address...to reaffirm its intention to shift politics sharply to the right. Key pledges included: "a stronger military," closer relations with the Bush administration, "more police on the street," tax cuts, "fiscal responsibility" and "a more competitive" Canadian economy.
- Iran said on Sunday that it shot down an unmanned spy plane from Iraq in the south of the country.
- by Seymour M. Hersh -The Bush Administration, while publicly advocating diplomacy in order to stop Iran from pursuing a nuclear weapon, has increased clandestine activities inside Iran and intensified planning for a possible major air attack. Current and former American military and intelligence officials said that Air Force planning groups are drawing up lists of targets, and teams of American combat troops have been ordered into Iran, under cover, to collect targeting data and to establish contact with anti-government ethnic-minority groups.
- ...Ollanta Humala, the front-runner in tomorrow’s general election, is proposing to transform his impoverished country with nationalism and populism.
- The administration of President George W. Bush is planning a massive bombing campaign against Iran, including use of bunker-buster nuclear bombs to destroy a key Iranian suspected nuclear weapons facility, The New Yorker magazine has reported...
- It makes perfect sense for Israel to expand on the CIA-ISI “al-Qaeda” contrivance, so effective in scaring the pants off somnolent Americans. Israel has a long and sordid history of false flag terrorism, most notably the Lavon Affair in 1954...
- Two grandmothers from Yorkshire face up to a year in prison after becoming the first people to be arrested under the Government's latest anti-terror legislation.
- Berlusconi threatens the edifice of Italian democracy.
- Donaldson had accrued many enemies over the years. All are suspect in his torture/murder
- Virtually no media coverage has been given to the latest laws, even though they will authorise the government and its security agencies for the first time to intercept the telephone and email communications of completely innocent people.
- The United States hoped sending a heavily armed brigade of several thousand troops to Barahona, a small city on the southern coast of the Dominican Republic 50 miles from the Haitian border, would go unnoticed.
- James Miller...was shot by a soldier from the Israeli Defence Force (IDF) while making a film in a Palestinian refugee camp in 2003.
- A former member of Irish nationalist party Sinn Fein who spied for Britain was found shot dead on Tuesday...
- A direct U.S. military intervention in Colombia clearly would have little to do with combating drugs. After all, if that were the true objective then the Bush administration would be targeting the country’s paramilitary leaders who, under the demobilization agreement, have been allowed to maintain their drug trafficking organizations while avoiding extradition to the United States...
- ... the easy oil has been found and the hard to find stuff is now on its way to being used up.
- The smug indifference of the elite is matched by the governments they do not vote in, but control.
- The rate of violent deaths in war-ravaged northern Uganda is three times higher than in Iraq and the 20-year insurgency has cost $1.7bn (£980m), according to a report by 50 international and local agencies released today.
- The Government is to hold secret talks with defence chiefs tomorrow to discuss possible military strikes against Iran.
- If Iran covertly intervened in America’s so-called election process, spied on American politicians, buzzed over military bases and nuclear labs with drones, and otherwise spent billions to undermine the United States and collect intelligence in advance of an invasion or massive shock and awe campaign, the American people would be calling for the government to defend itself by all means necessary...
- AGAIN, IT'S FOR THE OIL STUPID, AND THE THIRD AND FOURTH TARGETS ARE IRAN AND VENEZUELA
- Thirty-five years after the US sprayed the jungles of Vietnam with toxic defoliant, thousands of babies are still being born with horrific defects. But unlike the American veterans, no one in the war-ravaged country has received any compensation.
- In scale, duration and the sheer arrogance of their crimes, West African warlords shrink into nothingness besides the white mass murderers who were forgiven for limitless war crimes in Mozambique, Angola, Zimbabwe, Namibia and inside South Africa itself.
- Biological Threat and Executive Order 13292
- The Bush administration is getting desperate for good news out of Colombia.
- Since the government of Ariel Sharon came to power in 2001, Britain has exported around £70 million worth of military equipment to Israel.
- ...the system in the advanced countries has been rejigged since the 1960s to take wealth from workers, and from the funding of government, and transfer it to stockholders and corporate executives.
- We are thrilled to tell you that in the past week the government of Argentina decided to stop sending soldiers to train at the School of the Americas, and the government of Uruguay affirmed that it will continue its current policy of not sending soldiers to the SOA/ WHINSEC!
- An estimated 2 to 3 million striking workers and students demonstrated in cities and towns throughout France yesterday in opposition to the Gaullist government’s "First Job Contract" (CPE—Contrat première embauche) legislation, which permits employers to dismiss young workers without cause or compensation during their first two years on the job.
- The U.S. overshadows every aspect of Colombia’s war. Whether through Plan Colombia, the war on drugs, or the war on terrorism, whatever they call it, the U.S. funds, organizes and orchestrates a war against the poor, and actively enforces the massive displacement of people on behalf of its multinationals, particularly its oil companies, under the so-called "Free Trade Agreement of the Americas."
- The shocking conditions of Chinese toy workers bring to mind the life of the working class of the nineteenth century, at the beginning of the industrial revolution.
- ...the Straussian neocons have it out for a large number of nations, most notably in the Islamic Middle East, but also in Latin America. North Korea, China, and Russia also figure prominently on the neocon lit list.
- The recent elections in Belarus have been condemned by the U.S. and the European Union (EU). Both sides state they will impose sanctions and travel restrictions on Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko. Sound familiar? It should because this is yet another hypocritical action taken by the U.S. in its quest to democratize the world.
- The U.S. has been helping Colombia wage war against FARC for many years with its "Plan Colombia." But now a dangerous escalation is occuring.
- Could it be possible that the Israeli army raid on a Jericho prison on March 14 was done without careful coordination between Israel, the United States and Britain? Could it also be possible that the timing of the onslaught was equally innocent, of no political consequence, and not linked in any way to the Palestinians' ability to withstand Israeli blackmail, US threats and European intimidation following the Hamas election victory in January 2006?
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>