|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
The editor has fallen ill with a very grave illness. Without her assistance this site would not exist. I would like to express my personal gratitude to her. Her effort, support, and contributions through the years have been precious. Please share my positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for her. God bless you, get well soon.
Viewing Iraq War NEWS articles 226 through 300 of 1126
- What is wrong with this picture?
- After the US's deliberate and unprovoked war on Iraq, "reconstruction" becomes one of the US's moral clichés to justify crimes against the Iraqi people and ongoing Occupation. In reality, the “reconstruction” of Iraq is the continuation of the destruction of Iraq and humiliation of Iraqi society.
- The US and its allies in Iraq are holding more than 14,000 civilian prisoners—in some cases for years—without charges or trials, while torture and abuse in detention camps are now worse than when the horrors of Abu Ghraib were exposed nearly two years ago.
- Troops finish off Iraqi and laugh
- The bus driver was following the usual route in the vicinity of the Institute. As the bus reached the area of Square-19, those on board were shocked to find they were surrounded by US tanks...
- "Police officers answering the phones also say that half the calls are from people who want to insult them..."
- Pipes’ admission that "civil war" in Iraq is a good thing on several levels gives more credence to the claim that the Straussian neocons basically engineered the current violence through black ops and provocations.
- New video shows US troops laughing at slaughter and carnage
- The Bush administration has determined that all the new money allocated to rebuilding Iraq should go to prisons.
- The U.S. Air Force has begun moving heavily armed AC-130 airplanes — the lethal "flying gunships" of the Vietnam War — to a base in Iraq as commanders search for new tools to counter the Iraqi resistance
- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi embodies the Big Lie and the Straussian neocons will continue to “stick to it” because "if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."
- Watching the news from out of the Middle East, you might be wondering what's going on and why -- and, mostly, when's it going to stop. The simple answer is: it isn't. The world is now in the first stages of a multistep "end game" for global domination by the last remaining superpowers.
- ...those at the top of the American military-industrial complex—who move seamlessly between the upper echelons of the officer corps, corporate boardrooms and the government—fatten their bank accounts and stock portfolios.
- John Negroponte, Henry Kissinger understudy and death squad ambassador to Honduras, has admitted the Straussian neocon and Jabotinsky Likudite plan to break "all Arab states into smaller units" is on schedule...
- All of this is little more than Straussian neocon nonsense, a feeble-minded attempt to shift blame on Iran in the lead-up to a shock and awe campaign to be unleashed against that country next month or early this summer.
- Turmoil stoked by staged bombings leads to ethnic cleansing and enslavement
- Were the "grisly attacks and other sectarian violence unleashed by last week’s bombing"…"which killed more than 1,300 Iraqis"...merely a spontaneous reaction to the destruction of the Askariya Mosque, or were they part of a broader strategy to incite civil war?
- "University staff suspect there is a campaign to strip Iraq of its academics to complete the destruction of Iraq's cultural heritage, which began when America entered Baghdad."
- Aegis Defence Services is run by Lt. Col. Tim Spicer, the former Scots Guards officer at the centre of an arms-running scandal implicating the British government in a military coup in Sierra Leone to bring to power the pro-British regime of Ahmed Tejan Kabbah in 1998.
- ...at 8:30 that evening he was told "to stay in your shop and don’t leave the area" while Iraqi National Guard and American troops "patrolled the area until the next morning". At 6:30 AM the American troops left. At 6:40 the first explosion went off.
- Why wouldn't the U.S. bomb Shiite holy places in Iraq and shift the blame to Sunnis? Why wouldn't the U.S. want a civil war in Iraq? Hasn't the U.S. Always pursued "divide and conquer" strategies, starting with the earliest days of conquering the native inhabitants of Turtle Island?
- The most important question to ask regarding the bombings of the Golden Mosque in Samarra on the 22nd is: who benefits?
- The situation in Iraq? That goes without saying. No, I'm referring to the spinning about the spinning out of control...
- Resistance from Sunni Arabs over the last year has been fierce and the US 1st infantry division are bogged down in a bloody guerrilla war which is destroying the city. A seven mile long, five foot tall earthen wall built around Samarra by soldiers has failed to pacify the insurgency...
- More than 60 journalists have been killed in Iraq since the start of the war in 2003...
- ...a religious civil war in Iraq makes perfect sense as the Straussian neocons prepare to attack Iran. If the Sunnis and Shia are busy killing each other, it will be more difficult to rally them to fight against the Anglo-American forces in Iraq, especially after the planned shock and awe campaign against Iran, now considered inevitable.
- It was a bold assault that strongly suggests the involvement of highly-trained paramilitaries conducting a well-rehearsed plan.
- Since it is unreasonable to expect Baghdad hotel-bound corporate media hacks to report anything beyond what is read from a Pentagon script inside the Green Zone, most Americans remain unaware of details implicating the Iraqi National Guard in the bombing.
- Violence and death under U.S. occupation
- The American who translated the alleged "Saddam Tapes" says God sent him to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
- In Iraq, things are going swimmingly for the Straussian neocons.
- Proving that Abu Ghraib and Gitmo are the tip of the iceberg, the outgoing UN human rights chief dropped a bombshell when he told an obscure Maltese newspaper that as many as a thousand detainees a month are being tortured to death in Iraq.
- This is not the picture of a program designed to elicit actionable information. It is a program to shatter minds, perhaps to rebuild them as a new generation of assassins.
- Radiation detectors in Britain recorded a fourfold increase in uranium levels in the atmosphere after the “shock and awe” bombing campaign against Iraq, according to a report.
- An army investigation into the case, potentially one of the most damaging allegations against British troops to emerge from the war, has allegedly repeatedly been stalled by senior officers, including one of the army’s most respected generals.
- ...the alleged Saddam tapes, supposedly revealing how Hussein attempted to hide his desire to kick start a weapons of mass destruction program (and thus lending credence to the war crimes of the Straussian neocons), are tainted by the criminal background of “one of the summit’s biggest donors, Michael Cherney,” obviously an Israeli agent proffering dubious goods even hang tough Straussian neocons back away from...
- Putting some numbers to Condi's lies...before the U.S. invasion, 13 million Iraqis had access to clean drinking water. Today, the figure is 8 million -- a 40 percent drop.
- ...the Bush administration and their defenders should have to answer questions about the role of Negroponte in all this. What did he do during his tenure in Iraq?
- Whilst foreign correspondents killed, kidnapped and disappeared in Iraq makes world headlines, their Arab and Iraqi colleagues are largely forgotten. What is remarkable is how many have been killed, allegedly, by a seemingly unaccountable US military.
- According to a political appointee within the Bush administration and U.S. intelligence sources, the interrogators at Abu Ghraib included a number of Arabic-speaking Israelis...
- The lines of burnt dead bodies lining the street presented a horrific scene reminiscent of Hiroshima after it was nuked by the U.S.
- The smug superiority of the British over their peacekeeping efforts in Iraq is an insult to those of us who live there
- Five women age 50 and older claiming they wished to enlist in the military were arrested Tuesday outside a recruiting office during an anti-war demonstration.
- New graphic evidence of torture at Abu Ghraib has been leaked to the Australian TV show Dateline. Watch a video montage here.
- Oil driving Iraq policies
- Saddam Hussein shouts "Down with Bush" in the heart of the Green Zone, British soldiers beat up barefoot Iraqi teenagers and US Vice President Dick Cheney is out shooting people (not Iraqis; a fellow American, and a campaign contributor to boot). Cutting right across this theater of the absurd, Iraqi politicians have manufactured their own, choosing a new prime minister who happens not to be that new.
- As the "coalition forces" lurch toward the third anniversary of the Bush administration’s ill-fated March 2003 invasion of Iraq, the members of the media stand poised to embark on yet another round of navel-gazing over their role in first helping to enable, and later make sense of, this senseless war – a war that has proven as dangerous to journalists as anyone else.
- This video and story illustrates one more brutal attack upon the citizens of Iraq by Coalition Forces. This is just the latest example of aggression by the military invaders against civilians. We are left only to wonder what takes place on a daily basis beyond the lens of cameras.
- When Israeli/U.S. warplanes begin dropping bombs on Iran, will Iraq fade to the back pages of the news as has Afghanistan? With the corporate media coverage of Iraq at this sorry state already, it’s difficult to imagine that not occurring.
- The airbase at al-Asad is the biggest marine camp in western Anbar province.
- Salaam Al-Jubouri, an Iraqi journalist and a member of the Jury of Conscience at the June 2005 World Tribunal on Iraq in Istanbul has been imprisoned in Camp Bucca...
- The US offered to let Saddam Hussein live in exile if he would use his influence to end the Iraqi insurgency, a lawyer for the deposed leader says.
- A controversial Kuwait-based construction firm accused of exploiting employees and coercing low-paid laborers to work in war-town Iraq is now building the new $592-million U.S. embassy in Baghdad. Once completed, the compound will likely be the biggest, most fortified diplomatic compound in the world.
- It should be clear what is going on here—fake terrorist groups, long ago trail blazed by British General Frank Kitson, and used effectively in Kenya, Rhodesia, and Northern Ireland, are operating in Iraq to discredit the legitimate resistance, engaged in entirely legitimate paramilitary operations against U.S. troops.
- Many smugglers of antiquities in the country sell their stolen items to the U.S.-led occupation troops in the country, a senior official from the Antiquities Department said.
- The deception that launched the invasion of Iraq now increasingly shapes media coverage of the occupation.
- The looting of Iraq’s oil wealth is unprecedented in the history of corporate crime...
- "Children in Iraq are seriously suffering psychologically with all the insecurity, especially with the fear of kidnapping and explosions," said API spokesman Maruan Abdullah. "In some cases, they’re found to be suffering extreme stress."
- Britain is laying secret plans to maintain a permanent military presence in Iraq.
- God forbid critics of the war on Iraq should compare it with the war in Vietnam. But perhaps it is worth mentioning that the liberation of Iraq is now costing more each month than the preservation of the Republic of South Vietnam did more than 30 years ago.
- This week's revelations that George W. Bush and Tony Blair considered staging a war provocation by painting a US spy plane in UN colors and flying it over Iraq, in the hope that Saddam would order it shot down, illustrates a desperate depth of criminality only rivaled by previous notorious historical examples.
- As the pretexts to justify the illegal war of aggression against Iraq started to collapse one after the other, the Bush Administration, its vassals and the mass media adopted the cliché of "democracy" to justify the invasion and the mass murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi men, women and children. However, from the outset of the invasion and occupation of Iraq, the U.S. objective was conspicuous; to destroy Iraq, install a puppet government and pillage the nation’s resources.
- The White House said Thursday that it plans to ask Congress for an additional $70 billion to pay for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, driving the cost of military operations in the two countries to $120 billion this year, the highest ever.
- The ill-gotten gains financed a lavish spending spree. Mr Stein used them to buy - among other things - Lexus and Porsche cars, a Cessna light aircraft, watches, jewels, guns and grenade launchers as well as two plots of land in his native North Carolina. For his part, Mr Bloom is said to have provided his benefactors with money, first-class air tickets, and sexual favours provided by women kept in a villa in Baghdad.
- What the U.S. is spending to crush Iraq
- Four Canadian diplomats, including the charge d’affaires to Iraq, escaped injury Tuesday when their vehicle was shot at in Baghdad by U.S. soldiers.
- The poll also found that 80 percent of Iraqis think the United States plans to maintain permanent bases in the country even if the newly elected Iraqi government asks American forces to leave.
- It’s considered a crime when someone picks your pocket, but if that someone is the U.S. government, and they’ve invaded your country to steal your oil, that’s different.
- He (Blair) offered his total support for the war at a secret White House summit as Mr Bush displayed his contempt for the UN, made a series of wild threats against Saddam Hussein and showed a devastating ignorance about the catastrophic aftermath of the war.
- Saddam's chief lawyer, Khalil al-Dulaimi, said the US-sponsored court was illegal and "run by the Americans".
- How many more crimes will the US military stand accused of?
- These are recent pictures from Baghdad, drowning in rain water...This is a list of Iraqi academics killed by US, Iran and the zionists...
- Saint Patrick’s Four jailed for non-violent protest against the illegal Anglo-American invasion of Iraq.
- In one case, a secretive task force locked up the young mother of a nursing baby, a U.S. intelligence officer reported. In the case of a second detainee, one American colonel suggested to another that they catch her husband by tacking a note to the family's door telling him "to come get his wife."
- Although lower level military are taking the rap for Abu Ghraib abuse, critics contend Rumsfeld authorized the rape of Iraqi children.
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>