|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
The editor has fallen ill with a very grave illness. Without her assistance this site would not exist. I would like to express my personal gratitude to her. Her effort, support, and contributions through the years have been precious. Please share my positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for her. God bless you, get well soon.
Viewing International Affairs NEWS articles 151 through 225 of 1352
- Enough polite conversation - Israel is a Mafia state
- For people today it is perhaps incredible that Britain, which is terrorising Iraq and Afghanistan in the name of democracy, did not have equality in voting as late as 1968
- Like the civilians of Gaza, the civilians of Lebanon will be required to pay for Hezbollah capturing prisoners of war
- It’s pretty clear that Israel would never get away with its crimes against humanity if it didn’t have a trustworthy friend in the American media.
- There's much happening in Mexico in the aftermath of the nation's most contentious election ever, but it began many months before the first vote was cast
- Israelis kill 6yr old girl and her family in Gaza
- What do these presidential elections all have in common: Mexico, 1988, US, 2000, US, 2004, Colombia and Peru, 2006 and the just concluded Mexican election on July 2? In each case, the outcome was "arranged" and known in advance before voters went to the polls.
- Israel and the Big Lie
- Members of Mexico's losing leftist party are invoking America's recent electoral scandals to convince the world that last Sunday's presidential election was fixed.
- Profiting from the Occupation
- There are reports from across Mexico of more ballots cast than voters, ballots found in trash dumps, and the siphoning of Obrador votes to third and fourth party candidates
- Beginning of the Final Solution
- There are two things to be said about the list. First, it is completely insane.
- The photographs of bombed-out buildings, burned-down power plants, and blown-up bridges only tell half the story of Israel’s terror-war on the people in Gaza.
- So, a piece of mainstream journalism critical of Blair's government was used by the police as part of the reason to charge Mr Jago. That is to say carrying any article that appears to the police to be "politically motivated" is now an act that may help to send you to jail or receive a large fine. Just think about that for a moment.
- It took years of painful sanctions and numerous bombing campaigns before looters swept in to steal Iraq’s archaeological treasures. It seems that in the case of Iran, the theft may precede sanctions and war
- Take a good look at Gaza and become a witness to what amounts to collective punishment administered to a small people by the rest of the planet
- Gore v. Bush - Kerry v Bush - Lopez Obrador v Calderon
- The American government fantasizes...
- Israel is now openly engaged in infrastructure warfare, the wanton destruction of the basic platforms of human survival.
- There is no joy this July 1, 2006. To call it Canada Day is now a sad hypocrisy.
- An Interview with Greg Palast
- Major candidates offer no solution to the social crisis
- Vicente Fox brought the Mexican right wing into government after several decades in the shadows
- Israel last night threatened to assassinate Palestinian Prime Minister Ismael Haniyeh if Hamas militants did not release a captured Israeli soldier unharmed
- The Insulting Logic of Tel Aviv
- The North Korean "missile crisis" serves a number of purposes for the Bush administration
- General Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan’s US-backed military strongman, has signaled that he will orchestrate a bogus presidential election next year in a bid to cling onto power until 2012.
- Now that Israel has attacked Gaza and the West Bank and kidnapped members of the democratically elected government there, it will be interesting to see if the United Nations condemns these criminal acts and moves to pass another worthless resolution.
- Venezuela’s information minister said Monday that U.S. officials were urging opponents of President Hugo Chavez to boycott a December presidential vote.
- Military officials said the warplanes flew over President Assad's palace...Television reports said the Syrian President had been at home during the pre-dawn flights.
- Not that Israel is doing anything the United States didn't perfect in its bombing of Yugoslavia and Iraq...
- What's Next for the Palestinians?
- The Hong Kong Journalists Association has condemned China's plans to tighten controls on the mainland's media, with the introduction of fines for reporting unauthorised information.
- Almost three times as many Palestinian civilians have been killed in Gaza in the past nine days as Israeli civilians in Sderot killed by Qassam rockets in the past five years.
- Dismantling Market Democracy, Creating Market Dictatorship
- The president will want to burnish his image as "war president" again...Hold onto your hats.
- Bolivian President Evo Morales Accuses U.S. of Sending in Soldiers Disguised As Students, Tourists
- Having established an army of occupation in East Timor, the Australian government is engaged in ongoing political warfare on several fronts to ensure its predominance over the half-island.
- According to World Wealth Report 2005, the number of Israeli millionaires per capita is twice world average.
- Bush tells North Korea "Don’t shoot – or I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll..."
- ...there indeed are many parallels in what the Nazis did to the Jews and what the Zionist Jews have been doing to the Palestinians.
- We also have laws protecting people. But, apparently THAT does not phase you.
- Israel doesn’t bother with low-intensity warfare anymore. It goes straight for the jugular. Day after day they’ve pounded away at the Palestinian areas barely pausing long enough to assemble the lies needed to fend off the media.
- From character assassination to physical assassination, the Lobby and its agents ruthlessly pursue their agenda.
- Though tribal people comprise only 8 percent of the population, they constitute at least 40 percent of those ousted from their homes to make way for industries, mines, and dams.
- The desperate conditions affecting the rural as well as the urban poor in India are forcing growing numbers of children to toil often in subhuman conditions.
- Question is, will the American people buy into the lies and disinformation? But of course.
- ...how do we know the neocons are behind the impending shock and awe campaign against Iran? Go to the window and see if the sun came up this morning.
- The poppy harvest in a British-controlled area of Southern Afghanistan called Helmand province will double this year keeping the Crown's coffers overflowing with loot from the global narcotics market.
- "Anything...even if it’s a three-year-old, needs to be killed. Over."
- JI served its purpose. "Reminiscent of Operation Northwoods, the Bali attack served to trigger ‘a useful wave of indignation.’ They contributed to swaying Australian public opinion in favor of the US invasion of Iraq, while weakening the anti-war protest movement..."
- It's hard to comprehend what goes through their minds as they fire into a crowd of civilians based on suspicions that one of them "may" be on his way to fire a rocket.
- The Numbers Don't Lie
- Torture and Dehumanizing Treatment in Britain's Immigration "Detention Centres"
- Pause a minute. We now live a country where, on the say-so of one so-called "informant" you can get shot at, dragged out of your home, arrested, smeared all over the press, and see your next-door-neighbours beaten. This is the stuff of witch-trials that the "war on terror" has produced.
- LIKELY U.S. PLANS FOR REGIME CHANGE IN VENEZUELA
- The dominant characteristic of the coverage of East Timor in the past two weeks has been utter confusion, both inside and outside the country.
- Even children playing on a beach are open game for Israelis. Unbelievable.
- Menachem Begin killed far more people than Abu Samhadana, who rained Katyusha missiles on the Israelis, and yet Begin was awarded a peace prize, thus demonstrating the double standards (and racism) of the supporters of the ruling Likud government in Israel and the United States.
- Neocon Foreign Policy Architect Richard Perle reveals US War Plans in the Iranian Theater
- On May 28, we're supposed to believe the Colombian people rejected a more moderate or democratic alternative and instead chose to reelect right wing hard-liner and close Bush ally Alvaro Uribe Velez who had to arrange for the constitution to be changed to allow him to run in the first place.
- Here's a little of that "Cuban-Venezuelan imperialism" at work...
- The elevated social position of the CEOs and the union bureaucracy is itself a feature of the widening social divide. The extraction of profits, which is the hallmark of “good company performance”, has its objective basis in the intensifying exploitation of the working class, through a relentless assault on wages, conditions, living standards and basic rights.
- Leftist President Evo Morales launched a sweeping land reform plan on Saturday by handing over roughly 9,600 square miles of state-owned land to poor Indians.
- It's hard to believe that Garcia won Peru's presidential election after being pegged as a long-shot just a few weeks ago. Indeed, it reminds me of another president whose unlikely re-election left the world reeling not too long ago. Perhaps the two victories have more in common than is apparent.
- Political activist Cathy Alcantara was gunned down by unidentified assailants last December 5, outside the resort where she had helped to organize a conference on farmers' rights.
- Bush wants Chile to shun Venezuela
- Will there be a war with Iran?
- The Real US Intentions Toward Iran Unreported in the Wall Street Journal and the Rest of the Dominant Corporate Media
- He "received" a gunshot wound? They make it sound like it was delivered anonymously by mail.
- Somalia is on the verge of sinking deeper into the abyss of anarchy and perpetual bloodshed and the Bush administration might have a role.
- ...though the Nigerian federal government was trying to secure the area, the U.S. ships were in the region as a result of their concern for Nigeria, and their dependence on its oil.
- Bolivian President Evo Morales said the U.S. organized teams to track down and kill him, according to a note published on the Bolivian presidential Web site.
- McGovern: Staged terror attacks across Europe, US "probable" in order to justify invasion
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>