|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of May, 2006.
Viewing International Affairs NEWS articles 1 through 64 of 64.
- President Evo Morales ordered the military to occupy Bolivia's natural gas fields on Monday after nationalizing the industry and threatening to expel foreign companies that do not recognize state control.
- It takes a deft hand to not only erase an active sponsor of genocidal violence, but also hide some 200,000 butchered human beings.
- More than 500 soldiers carrying guns will fan out through Winnipeg streets beginning Sunday, in the largest urban-warfare training exercise in the Canadian military's history.
- To get a good sense of where US policy is heading, one need only read the front page of the New York Times or Wall Street Journal - painful as that may be to do.
- "Most secure" countries included Canada, Japan, Australia, Switzerland, Austria, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, and the four Scandinavian nations.
- Myanmar's military rulers have launched a major new crackdown on the country's main opposition National League for Democracy (NLD) party, fueling widespread speculation that the hardline State Peace and Development Council (SPDC) intends to eliminate its harassed and beleaguered rival completely within the next 12 months.
- Left Strike at Indian Airports
- "What sort of democracy limits a man's liberty on the pure assumption that he could break the law again?"
- "Carbon copy" of Bush, mom of slain U.S. soldier says.
- The "international community" has never cared a whit about Iran or its fictitious weapons programs. The driving force behind the hostilities is Washington.
- US neocons are delighted at the demotion of a Blair minister lacking in total loyalty to their agenda
- Prepare for the coming Canadian water war.
- A new book reveals how Israel's secret intelligence service, the Mossad, murdered a top Palestinian fighter by feeding him poisoned chocolates in the late 1970s.
- The United States and Israel have finally agreed on a plan to resolve the decades-long Israel-Palestine conflict. Israel will continue lobbing missiles into civilian areas of Gaza and the West Bank while the US cuts off food and other vital aid to the territories. That way they can maximize the human suffering while preparing the people for a violent death.
- They dress up in pink catsuits, have names like Spider Mum and feel a social obligation to plunder as part of a campaign to help the poor.
- Cuba is designated by the U.S. government as a "state sponsor of terrorism." This is no mere war of words; there are concrete implications to such a designation...
- Strike could come earlier than thought
- The current dispute over Iran's nuclear program has shocking parallels with the tensions sparked off by Israel’s attempts to acquire the nuclear bomb in the 60s. The only major difference is that the U.S. decided at the time not to curb the Israeli nuclear program.
- Territorial control over Canada is part of Washington's geopolitical and military agenda as formulated in April 2002 by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "Binational integration" of military command structures is also contemplated alongside a major revamping in the areas of immigration, law enforcement and intelligence.
- COVERT FORCES IN IRAN TRAINING KURDISH REBELS
- Is Venezuela the New Niger?
- The impending opening of the Iranian International Oil Bourse (IOB), set to commence trading next week on the island nation of Kish, strongly increases the chances of an imminent nuclear American-Israeli strike on Iranian nuclear and financial facilities.
- Why They Hate Our Kind Hearts, Too
- According to European journalists, Israeli citizens and European nationals who are employees of the airport passenger screening firm ICTS -- International Consultants for Targeted Security -- an Israeli firm based in the Netherlands, routinely intimidate journalists who are visiting the United States, demanding to know what stories they are working and with whom they will be talking.
- Venezuela's president is using oil revenues to liberate the poor - no wonder his enemies want to overthrow him.
- The Rothschild family is to return to the oil business in the former Soviet Union, a century after its hasty exit before the Russian Revolution.
- We'll teach you to exist on our planet.
- Once an Iranian attack on a US-flagged tanker or warship is announced, US commanders could be ordered to "counter-attack" with all available force—including nuclear weapons. Even if they suspected a ruse, no serving soldier can fail to protect his or her comrades.
- Chavez...expressed his views on a visit with the Mayor of London.
- Relentless strangling of human rights hasn't stopped yet
- It's okay for the corporations of the world (and the governments that work for them) to force free trade deals down smaller and less powerful nations throats -- deals whose only intention is to expropriate the weaker nations resources and people while creating a market that makes locally grown products unprofitable for the locals to grow or buy.
- Nearly 60 years after most Palestinians were first forced from our homes, the killings and blockades carry on with impunity.
- Strategists are understood to have presented two options for pinpoint strikes using B2 bombers flying directly from bases in Missouri, Guam in the Pacific and Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean.
- According to the Cuban newspaper Granma, the scope of the U.S. military maneuvers dwarfs even the Pentagon’s naval deployment during the October 1962 missile crisis. Similar maneuvers in the past were used to gather information needed to launch aggression, like the "exercises" that preceded the U.S. invasion of Grenada in 1983.
- I fear the rabid Van Crevel and his fellow citizens more than I fear Ahmadinejad and the Iranian mullahs.
- For anyone who need more convincing, here’s a sampling of what "President Stephen Harbush" has wrought over the past two months.
- More than a decade after U.S. troops withdrew from Somalia...officials of Somalia's interim government and some U.S. analysts of Africa policy say the United States has returned to the African country, secretly supporting secular warlords who have been waging fierce battles against Islamic groups for control of the capital, Mogadishu.
- Three warships, 2,000 troops en route to join Operation "Caribbean Lion"
- This century’s Enlightenment is coming from south of the border.
- May 15 marked the 58th anniversary of Al Nakba (The Catastrophe). Every year, Palestinians recount the tragedy of 1948.
- It should be noted that the dubious badge story came from "Iranian expatriates," that is to say the Iranian equivalent of Iraqi expatriates (who happened to have close ties to the neocons and the Pentagon) responsible for telling outrageous lies about Saddam and weapons of mass destruction and other chimerical horrors.
- Nepal's new government declared a public holiday after parliament passed a proclamation stripping King Gyanendra of his powers and thousands of people staged a celebration rally.
- This, a message from the President of one of the most unjust and definitely the most nonpeaceful countries in the world...
- The current campaign to attack Sudan under the guise of protecting the people of Darfur is another manifestation of Zionist attempts to create "regime change" in Sudan.
- "...there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity representing the "devil" only in order to drive the "TV watcher" to accept a unified international leadership for a war against terrorism. The country behind this propaganda is the US and the lobbyists for the US war on terrorism are only interested in making money."
- Putin’s plan is similar to that of Iran, which announced that it would open an oil-bourse (oil exchange) on Kish Island in two months. The bourse would allow oil transactions to be made in petro-euros, thus discarding the dollar.
- An investigation into "unanswered questions" about the death of weapons scientist Dr David Kelly has been launched by a senior backbench MP.
- Go on a rampage!
- Talk About "Meddlesome"
- Resource conflict escalates over Horn of Africa
- The Fourth U.S. "Supreme International Crime" in 7 Years Is already Underway
- Consequences of the New Social Agenda
- Israel's Stake in the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline
- The crypto-fascist surveillance state says "show us your papers"
- What Evo Morales and Hugo Chavez Are Doing Jointly That's Roused the US Ire
- "Separate Dress Codes for Religious Minorities"
- In lieu of discovering WMDs in the hands of so-called rogue nations, the US and their "coalition of the willing" are busy practicing how to plant them first - and then find them.
- The NSA has admitted it holds 1,050 documents – transcripts of its satellite surveillance on Diana during the last weeks of her life.
- As Australian troops pour into East Timor and take control of the capital Dili, the neo-colonial character of the operation is becoming increasingly evident.
- ...he will no longer give press conferences for the parliamentary press gallery, after journalists balked at the attempts by the prime minister’s office to dictate who can and cannot ask him questions.
- Keep your eyes peeled, folks. These guys are cornered and any day now they're going to act...
- If one were to believe the official version, the intervention of Australian troops into East Timor is driven by the purest motives. They are there simply to restore peace and stability after the collapse of government authority. But this political fiction has been increasingly exposed by events of the past few days as the power struggle which sparked the crisis comes to the surface.
- The Hague Tribunal's final verdict on Slobodan Milosevic's death has concluded that he was not poisoned and there was no foul play involved. Imagine my shock.
- The Straussians of course uphold the use of disinformation ("noble lies") to prepare the public for the difficult choices they, the Wise, have made.
Pages for May, 2006