|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of February, 2006.
Viewing Government / The Elite NEWS articles 1 through 57 of 57.
- We now know there was a political deal between the Bush Administration and New Jersey Democrats to get rid of the Abramoff prosecutor, Noel Hillman, by offering him a federal judgeship in New Jersey.
- The State of the Union speech given by George W. Bush Tuesday night was among the most menacing and belligerent in American history. The US president outlined a program of limitless and perpetual warfare, on every continent, and against any regime that stands in the way of the rapacious American ruling class.
- The America born in 2001, first with the ascension of Bush and later with the psychological war on Americans begun on 9/11, has degenerated according to plan, methodically and perniciously engineered by entities intent on corporatist control, molded into an immovable ship on a collision course with a giant iceberg. In order for America to sink its people had to be molded to one day accept the fate awaiting us. Our brains had to be programmed and altered, our minds controlled and conditioned, our beliefs brainwashed and engineered.
- G.W. Bush, a man whose family made their fortunes from banks, oil, CIA deceptions and war profiteering had the gall to spin an "addicted to oil" story line in his state of the union speech last night. In yet another Orwellian spin job to distract and manipulate his listeners he introduces the concept of throwing a few scientists at a problem from which he and his have greatly profited.
- Last month, President George W. Bush murdered four children. This is not a controversial statement. There is no dispute about the facts. Indeed, Bush's own minions fully acknowledge – even celebrate – the deed. Nor has the political opposition or the national media offered the slightest objection to the principle of presidential murder.
- Key White House email records in the investigation of the leak of a covert CIA operative's name to the press are missing.
- What they have that you don’t
- While the Democratic leadership competes with George Bush to see who can be tougher on Iran, it would be comforting to think that the more progressive Democratic base had learned a bit more from the invasion of Iraq than the leadership. Would that that were true. Unfortunately...
- The megalomaniacs who rule us have no compunctions about the brazenness of their lies: they don't care how it looks, how it sounds, or even, in the end, how it sells. They know what they want, and they are single-minded in going after it. The message came through loud and clear in the president's State of the Union speech: prepare for perpetual war.
- Who are the crazies? A militant, anti-communist group of mainly Jewish intellectuals who studied the Trotskyite, Machiavellian political philosophy of Prof. Strauss at the University of Chicago. Wolfowitz, Ashcroft, Perle, Abrams, Chalabi, Bennett, Ho, Shulsky, Khalilzad, Schmitt, Kristol, are a few of the invasion architects, intelligence crafters, torture lawyers, Iraq ambassadors and U.S. puppets who studied under Strauss.
- Many moons ago, when George W. Bush, was governor of Texas, Alberto Gonzales replaced James Baker as the Bush family consigliere.
- The findings were based on five days of public testimony in New York in October and January. The work of the Commission brought together a unique combination of former government officials, experts in international law, human rights monitors in the relevant areas, and victims of the crimes under investigation. It was a Commission of great legal, ethical, and moral credibility based on its integrity, its rigor in the presentation of evidence, and the stature of its participants.
- According to CBS, Americans don’t care what gender their neolib rulers are. No doubt millions of Americans will feel a tad better—at least in the short term—about taking their marching orders down the thorny road toward slavery from a woman.
- ...Clinton served on Wal-Mart’s board for six years prior to her husband’s run for the presidency. She recently received $5,000 from Wal-Mart...it speaks to the incumbent’s close ties to abusive corporate power: her large corporate financial contributions, her support for so-called "free trade" (which is simply trade to benefit corporations) and her unwillingness to confront corporate power that denies every American, among other things, universal health insurance.
- A priest's lawsuit alleges the Catholic Church is hiding pedophile clergy—and offers a stunning reason why.
- It says something about our "democracy" when Bush can only face criticism in public as a side effect of his attendance at a funeral.
- When it comes to America, Iraq, oil, war, and world geography, the really honest and relevant point regarding U.S. policy is that Uncle Sam is addicted to global dominance and empire.
- by Daniel Hopsicker - Millions of words have been written decrying Abramoff’s ruthless greed and utter corruption. But what has gone almost unmentioned...is the looming presence hovering on the fringes of all three major story lines in the Abramoff Scandal—the Indian gambling, the Republican slave plantations in the Mariana’s, and the completely unregulated and therefore to-die-for (literally!)casino cruises in Florida--of Organized Crime, or, as it is referred to colloquially, The Mob.
- State Department sees exodus of weapons experts - Looks like they are working from the same playbook. Replace the people with actual knowledge with hacks who will produce the data to support the policy, which is to bomb Iran.
- So there you have it. Hillary Clinton and George W. Bush, leaders of their parties, see eye-to-eye on the most pressing concerns facing the U.S. and the Middle East today.
- The leadership class in the US is now dominated by a neo-conservative group of some 200 people who have the shared goal of asserting US military power worldwide. This Global Dominance Group, in cooperation with major military contractors, has become a powerful force in military unilateralism and US political processes.
- A US weekly magazine says Dick Cheney, the US vice president, directed his aide Lewis Libby to use classified material to discredit a critic of the Bush administration's Iraq war effort.
- Everyone knows that Bush is supposed to leave office in January of 2009. No mystery. No uncertainty. The 22nd Amendment makes it so. It's the law. No gray area. Or is there?
- ...Perle does not "hope" mass murder and possibly the nuking of Iran "can be avoided," for the Straussian neocons are all about killing Muslims with impudence, as the Israelis are all about killing Palestinians, including defenseless children, with impudence.
- From the "You Can't Make It Up" Department
- CIA: "Christians In Action" "missionaries" reportedly involved in Afghan heroin smuggling under Porter Goss's direction.
- Hallmark of the Bush administration: screw up and get promoted.
- The arrest of a pair of agents on possible cocaine charges raises new concerns about the aviation security program.
- The Bush administration spent at least $1.6 billion on public relations and advertising campaigns over 30 months, according to a report released Monday by the Government Accountability Office, the investigative arm of Congress.
- McKinney: American citizens could be put in forced labor camps
- Two stories, same front page of the New York Times, that tell you just about all you need to know about the priorities of American society under the Bush Imperium...
- Saturday night at least one deputy showed up at the ranch's front gate and asked to speak to Cheney but was turned away by the Secret Service...This sort of delaying tactic is indicative of drunk-driving hit and runs by rich kids allowing the necessary time to sober up, contact your attorney and get your story straight.
- Some of them go for as high as $41,000.00!!
- Chickenhawk Congressman Curt Weldon has been using the Able Danger story as a pretext for the reestablishement of a strong, permanent, legally-acknowledged "data-mining" program to use supercomputers to spy on America and Americans.
- I don’t care if the war criminal Dick Cheney shot one of his rich Republican friends.
- Although Lincoln Group's work in Iraq is now under scrutiny in two Pentagon investigations, the firm is hunting for more government work. Last month, Mr. Bailey attended a going-away reception at the Virginia condominium of a mid-level government employee on her way to a new job at the American Embassy in Baghdad. Her job: overseeing contracts.
- Corporate interests that support the Bush government, such as the coal and oil industries, are hostile to any research that could obstruct their drive for profits—in particular, evidence that emission of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere at the current rate will lead to an environmental and ecological disaster in the coming decades.
- With the future of the Internet in danger its comforting to know a vice president at AOL-Time Warner Inc. is working with Justice Alito. I have faith that he will be help Alito to maintain a completely unbiased outlook form his close workings with John Ashcroft. The good news keeps on coming in.
- This early period in Abramoff's career has been largely ignored in most of the American media. It was the period in which he began building relations with tribal people, a practice he would parlay into serving as a very well-compensated lobbyist for American Indian tribes in the lucrative gambling industry.
- He was...the New Jersey attorney who guided the investigation and criminal trial of the Arabs involved in the first "terror" attack on the World Trade Center of 1993. This "false flag" operation was designed to form the impression in the minds of Americans that Arabs were targeting the WTC twin towers, so that when 9-11 happened it would be assumed by the world that Arabs were behind the terror attacks.
- Her name is Katharine Armstrong -- whose family owns the Texas ranch where Cheney shot his 78-year-old friend, Harry Whittington, on Saturday. What has received virtually no attention in all the shooting hoopla is that the wealthy ranch heiress is also a lobbyist -- a lobbyist who goes quail hunting with the vice president and spends leisurely summer days with the leader of the free world at his ranch in Crawford.
- Sen. Arlen Specter helped direct almost $50 million in Pentagon spending during the past four years to clients of the husband of one of his top aides, records show.
- The ascension of Rice to the Vice-Presidency would be the perfect way for the Bush Crime Family to set up their longtime cronies, the Clintons, for a return trip to the White House.
- The Bush regime is asserting the Fuhrer Principle, and Americans are buying it, even as Bush declares that America is at war in order to bring democracy to the Middle East.
- ...a militarist state must have war: to justify its draconian rule (and those $550 billion "defense" budgets), to find new fields for dominion and swag, and to seal with blood its illegitimate compact with the people, seeking to make them complicit in its crimes, which are committed in their name, for their "security." Fortunately for the militarists, Bush has promised war in abundance.
- ...freedom died this week and just about every one of the bitches and bastards who "serve" in Congress should take a long, hard look at the blood on their hands. They stand guilty of high crimes and treason against the United States of America. They are traitors and should be treated as such.
- In two years, the Bush administration spent $1.6 billion to paint a prettier picture of its failing policies, even as it cut away the social safety net.
- Find illegal activity in the U.S. national security agency you work for. Report it to your superiors. Get rewarded by being demoted or having your security clearance revoked -- tantamount to losing your career -- while those whose conduct you've reported get promoted.
- Recently, 8,600 U.S. companies have been taken over by foreign ownership... The politicians were silent. Now, a United Arab Emirates’ enterprise will soon be operating stevedoring companies in six U.S. ports, including Baltimore’s. Its Mayor...almost broke a blood vessel complaining. However, he didn’t say a word while the preceding British outfit was doing the work.
- How many of us knew that the country's vice president--a man that most politically aware citizens know is the country's real leader behind the scenes--is so health-impaired that he always travels with a fully staffed ambulance--including heart specialist--in tow?
- How many people died so Poppy Bush could be awarded Kuwait's Order of Mubarak the Great?
- A written report from Secret Service agents guarding Vice President Dick Cheney when he shot Texas lawyer Harry Whittington on a hunting outing two weeks ago says Cheney was "clearly inebriated" at the time of the shooting.
- Entwistle's firm, Embedded New Technologies (ENT), reportedly had connections to the Braintree, Massachusetts-based firm P-Tech, which was investigated subsequent to 911...
- Bush, who is scheduled to visit the Andhra Pradesh capital March 3, the last day of his three-day visit to India, faced charges ranging from war mongering and mass killings to violation of all international charters and aggression against sovereign countries.
- He may be the most powerful man in the world, but proof has emerged that President George Bush cannot ride a bike, wave and speak at the same time.
- This is Dianne "War-Profiteer" Feinstein's new pad in San Fran. Not bad on a senator's salary.
- All is not lost, though — the New York Times can't help but find the silver lining in Bush's free-fall...
Pages for February, 2006