|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of May, 2006.
Viewing Police State / Military NEWS articles 1 through 58 of 58.
- As the Bush/neo-con kleptocracy disintegrates in a toxic cloud of military defeat, economic bankruptcy, environmental disaster and escalating mega-scandal, its attack on basic American freedoms---its "New Totalitarianism"---has escalated to a desperate new level, including brutal Soviet-style prosecutions against non-violent dissidents and an all-out offensive for state secrecy, including an attack on the internet.
- DEPLETED URANIUM DUST –PUBLIC HEALTH DISASTER FOR THE PEOPLE OF IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN
- The CIA, the FBI and other federal agencies are using polygraph machines more than ever to screen applicants and hunt for lawbreakers, even as scientists have become more certain that the equipment is ineffective in accurately detecting when people are lying.
- HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR CHILDREN WERE BORN LIKE THIS? WARNING: Graphic images.
- The Not so Hidden Agenda in Administration Policies
- Dictatorship and despotism thrive when ignorance and stupidity rule societies.
- The latest government hysteria about an alleged coming epidemic of bird flu is worth mentioning for two reasons.
- Thirty six years ago today, Ohio National Guardsmen shot 13 college students at Kent State University who were protesting US incursions into Cambodia as part of the Vietnam War. Nine victims survived, including one who is confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Four students -- Jeffrey Miller, Allison Krause, Bill Schroeder, and Sandy Scheuer -- were killed.
- ...the FBI has elevated its concern to "priority" level, claiming that the group is subject to "counterterrorism" monitoring...
- Despite a troubled history, police across the nation are keeping tabs on ordinary Americans.
- ...the invasion and occupation of Iraq is primarily about oil and the preservation of the American way of life. It is based on the premise that the latter is a question of supreme importance, a moral value overriding all others.
- I have been speaking about some kind of an "October Surprise," i.e. some kind of a spectacular event designed to assist Bush and his Republicans to overcome growing evidence that his party will be obliterated at the November, 2006, mid-term elections.
- Ever heard of "hydraulic despotism"? Why I ask is because knowing a bit of history might help us understand what the despots have planned.
- Regardless of who runs the agency, the same policies will be implemented—overthrowing "rogue" nations, or that is to say nations that refuse to play ball on the terms dictated by the global neoliberal elite and their hand-picked representative in the White House.
- ...both parties advance the interests of the globalists, the International bankers and their corporate proxies. The politicians, who take their share of the plunder, are generally fronts who wrap themselves in the flag and patriotism as it serves their needs to accomplish their assignments received from their bosses behind the curtain -- the elites in the shadow government.
- We do not bemoan the loss of the CIA's most experienced analysts, we hope more of them quit. We don't mourn the "loss of morale" at The Company, we seek to organize to expose their crimes. We don't defend the CIA's control over intelligence gathering from the DoD, we believe that our country has no business spying on other nations and preparing war plans against them.
- Nothing important gets into the corporate media unless officially created, sanctioned, approved or leaked on purpose.
- "Kapo Chertoff's" new enemies: Irish bartenders in New York City
- Poisoning and Drugging Americans . . . Population Control and Profits
- ...it is more likely words such as "impeach Bush" or "Bill of Rights" are searched and pegged for inclusion in this dictionary than "bomb," "drugs," or even "Osama bin Laden."...the enemy is naturally the people, not mythical and illusory terrorists, the latter usually conceived to scare the short pants off a semi-somnolent public.
- CAROL FISHER REMAINS STRONG AND UNAPOLOGETIC
- Donnie Darko director Richard Kelly could be forced to miss the Cannes Film Festival because his passport is being reviewed by the U.S. Government.
- THE NSA HAS BEEN RECORDING PHONE CONVERSATIONS FOR OVER A DECADE. THE PROGRAM IS CALLED ECHELON. THE USA TODAY STORY ABOUT THE NSA STORING PHONE NUMBERS IS NOT NEWS.
- Eyewitnesses are reporting that during Bush's recent visit to Florida, protesters were shocked to see security goons and secret service aiming assault rifles at them hanging out of the window of the passing motorcade.
- This method works in any country, in any culture, in any period of time.
- US government phone spying targets all Americans
- Let no man claim that the United States is not a representative government. There is no greater representative government on earth. The trouble is that the U.S. represents the interests of wealthy Plutocrats and multinational corporations, rather than the people.
- Worried about Dick Cheney listening in Sunday on your call to Mom? That ain't nothing. You should be more concerned that they are linking this info to your medical records, your bill purchases and your entire personal profile including, not incidentally, your voting registration.
- We wish we were joking. What a shame nobody noticed this—the little note in the second section about the Halliburton contract should have been front-page news in every paper in the country.
- A little-known spy agency that analyzes imagery taken from the skies has been spending significantly more time watching U.S. soil.
- The neocons over at the Weekly Standard—the house organ of the Straussian neocon movement—have vehemently attacked former CIA analyst Ray McGovern in the wake of his confronting Donald Rumsfeld.
- The following is a list of some 500 software tools, databases, data mining and processing efforts contracted for, under development or in use at the NSA and other intelligence agencies today...
- Carol Fisher is being held indefinitely in a surprise May 9 court hearing, becoming another political prisoner held illegally for speaking out against Bush.
- They live in a delusional world of make believe created for them by the shadow men who really run the government.
- The surveillance state and the dangers of "data-mining"
- A senior federal law enforcement official tells ABC News the government is tracking the phone numbers we...call in an effort to root out confidential sources.
- ...the media commentary has deliberately downplayed the sinister nature of the program. This is a deliberate cover-up of what is without question the most wide-ranging invasion of privacy by the federal government in US history.
- "The call for impeachment trivializes the crimes...Where is the demand for war crimes trials?"
- Morality is in the Eye of the Oppressor
- Yes, because perpetual war means dictatorship at home
- Making sure heroin addiction continues unabated is such a lucrative business for the CIA and Wall Street investors, Bush decided “not to destroy the opium crop in Afghanistan.
- December 2001: the U.S. Air Force dropped the 15,000-pound "Daisy Cutter" on the cave complex in Afghanistan known as Toro Bora. At the time, this was the largest bomb in the U.S. arsenal.
- ...the same dictatorial forms of rule that the American government has for decades promoted and buttressed elsewhere will be increasingly applied within the United States itself.
- Hey America! Freedom is just around the corner…behind you
- Be alert when you hear politicians talk about abstractions like patriotism, national security and international stability. They are trying to control you by controlling your mind.
- Classified programs appear to account for about $30.1 billion, or 19 percent, of the acquisition funds sought in the Defense Department budget for fiscal 2007...
- Exaggerated misconceptions of worldwide terrorism to frighten us into supporting a global police state.
- After the orchestrated 9-11 attack on New York City and Washington D.C., and its follow-up anthrax attack on Democratic legislators, Americans of all stripes rushed en masse to George Bush's Fools' Gate to trade their morality and compassion for empty promises of security. The war they are waging is on us.
- Chemtrails, the visible vapor streams left by low-altitude chemical spraying, have been under scrutiny for more than seven years now, since the first appearances of the heavy white streamers in the sky in early 1999. Despite the efforts of investigators, very little information has been released to the public.
- The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has filed complaints in more than 20 individual states demanding that their utility commissions and attorneys general convene public hearings and call phone company executives to testify.
- If you believe...Bush and the neocons in the White House and the Pentagon...have not drawn up a comprehensive list of domestic enemies, and are not snooping them right now, I have a chartreuse pony to sell you.
- Tom Heneghen at Cloak & Dagger is reporting that the loss of power to much of Amtrak's Northeast corridor on Thursday morning was a result of intrigue.
- The over hyped false alarm of a construction drill that caused a mass panic over rumors of gunshots in the Rayburn Building on Friday and the way in which it was reported by the servile media was a means of indoctrinating Americans to the procedure of martial law lock down of a major city.
- Nationwide initiative trains volunteers to teach congregations to "obey the government" during seizure of guns, property, forced inoculations and forced relocation.
- When the U.S. government murders people, whether Serbs, Branch Davidians at Waco, or Iraqi women and children, it is "collateral damage." But we put Saddam Hussein on trial for putting down rebellions...do you believe that the Bush Regime will not shoot you down in the streets if you have a rebellion?
- The Supreme Court scaled back protections for government workers who blow the whistle on official misconduct Tuesday, a 5-4 decision in which new Justice Samuel Alito cast the deciding vote.
- It's Real, Deadly and Covered Up by the Pentagon and VA
- ...in the scenario that the real source of actual attacks is the very governments that claim to be fighting the war on terrorism, it is quite logical that they would not warn the public or admit to knowing of an actual attack in advance because they could not then reasonably claim to have been unable to prevent it.
Pages for May, 2006