|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of April, 2006.
Viewing Police State / Military NEWS articles 1 through 29 of 29.
- It’s not people who derive pleasure from kiddy porn of even "al-Qaeda" operatives the government is worried about monitoring. It can be argued that the government likes the idea of child pornography because it serves as an excuse to increase their dictatorial power and dismantle the Constitution, as the "threat" of drugs did for decades (and before that, the threat of "communism"). If not for porn and "al-Qaeda," the government would have no excuse.
- Until now, the eight-year-old company has confined itself to training military and police personnel and providing security guards for government and private clients. Under Black's proposal, it would take on an overt combat role.
- In light of the "insider" fingerprints left all over the 9/11 attacks, a few recent stories made us sit up and take notice.
- It is interesting to note that the very development of the B61-11 is a violation of the NPT, the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, and international law dating back to the Clinton administration, thus once again illustrating the fact the neocons don’t have a monopoly on criminal renegade behavior.
- Delusions and illusions "generously" provided by the corporate-controlled mainstream media afford Empire loyalists with the opportunity to avoid the burden of independent thinking. Sound-bites, canards, propaganda, stereo-types, and white-washed versions of the truth supply their programmed minds with a virtually endless loop of rationalizations to justify their approbation of a morally reprehensible entity.
- Native Americans want U.S. authorities to cancel plans to detonate 700 tons of explosives on what they say is tribal land in Nevada.
- Intelligence experts warn that a proposal to merge two Pentagon intelligence units could create an ominous new agency.
- All major terrorists "hits" of the last 30 years have left behind the foul stench of western-intelligence involvement.
- All we need is morning bread lines, and then welcome to the Politburo's America.
- As Bush and his Straussian crew have repeatedly demonstrated, the executive has embraced antiquity, including Plato’s idea of "noble lies" as reformulated by Strauss and his students and their students. In the process, liberty is to be flushed down the tubes.
- Given the knowledge that it is the United States which created and primarily wields the power to extinguish life on Earth, it is not a tremendous intellectual leap to classify the American government as the world’s most dangerous and most powerful terrorist.
- The continuity between the Clinton and Bush presidencies on issues of civil liberties demonstrates something that many people don’t want to wrap their minds around. America’s police state is utterly bipartisan. It is designed to persist and indeed extend its reach with each administration, no matter the party in charge.
- Mumps is highly contagious, but not too dangerous, and might be the perfect biowarfare test agent.
- The nation's spy chief disclosed for the first time Thursday that the number of U.S. intelligence personnel worldwide totals nearly 100,000.
- "Actually, the United States has been overthrowing governments for more than a century..."
- It is more effective to manage society by mind control than by physical coercion. The events of 9-11 and the "war on terror" mostly are exercises in mass brainwashing.
- ...in a subtle but important shift...the Pentagon gained the leeway to inform - rather than gain the approval of - the U.S. ambassador before conducting military operations in a foreign country..."We do not need ambassador-level approval," said one defense official familiar with the order.
- As Bush's approval ratings hit rock bottom and start to dig, he is withdrawing ever further into his institutional cocoon, where he's surrounded by sycophants and opportunists who feed his messianic delusions.
- Support my political opponents and you'll get canned like Mary McCarthy. And if we need to make up a lie to justify it, then by God, that's what we'll do.
- Like everything else, Rumsfeld’s promise to "transform" the military has been a lie. The Defense Secretary never had any intention of converting the military into "smaller, more agile units". From the very onset his goal has been to create a global strike-force that operates as the enforcement-arm of the multinational corporations.
- ...even if he is Cruella’s favorite devil-son, he’s politically irrelevant to the well-entrenched American foreign policy.
- Says people who use cellphones and e mail should be under suspicion
- Inured to moral horror by half a century of outrages committed by the "National Security" complex, the Establishment – along with the media and vast swathes of the population – can no longer discern the poison in the air they breathe. It just seems normal.
- Considering the terror exercises that "coincidentally" took place in NYC on 9/11 and in London on 7/7, this cannot be taken lightly.
- A band wearing anti-President Bush T-shirts was silenced in mid-performance at Tower City Friday because the mall's management felt the band's attire was inappropriate.
- The military has built a vast domestic-intelligence network to fight terrorism -- but it's using it to track students, grandmothers and others protesting the war.
- Technology behind the Pentagon's controversial data-mining project has been acquired by NSA, and is probably in use.
- Levi Strauss Confirms RFID Test, Refuses to Disclose Location
- President Bush has quietly claimed the authority to disobey more than 750 laws enacted since he took office, asserting that he has the power to set aside any statute passed by Congress when it conflicts with his interpretation of the Constitution.
Pages for April, 2006