|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of May, 2006.
Viewing Economics NEWS articles 1 through 23 of 23.
- For more than 100 years, May Day has symbolized the common struggles of workers around the globe. Why is it largely ignored in North America? The answer lies in part in American labour's long repression of its own radical past, out of which international May Day was actually born a century ago.
- Ultimately, to solve the problem of oil we need to solve the problem of empire.
- Nationalizing the oil industry should be the central tenet of any progressive political movement. Evidence of the industry's involvement in the invasion of Iraq as well as its obvious complicity in corrupting the political system should provide ample proof that the oil giants are a clear and present danger to democracy and need to be put under state control.
- ...Iran fired the first shot in a battle that will ultimately change the global economic system. Mehr News Agency announced that the long-anticipated Iran Oil Bourse (OIB) will open sometime next week on Kish Island competing head-on with the US dollar.
- According to US Postal Service insiders, the Bush administration, which has prided itself on tax cuts, has imposed a stealth war tax on the American people.
- The Subsurface World of Inflation, Cannibalism and the Plight of the Squeezees
- They're At It Again!
- Simple - because Labor does not control the media - MONEY does.
- Iran bourse opens next week
- Losing Hot Water, Computer, Car, Electricity . . .
- A Nation of Waitresses and Bartenders
- While most of us are preoccupied with the astronomical price of gasoline, a far bigger energy catastrophe is brewing that will make pricey gas seem like a walk in the park. It's "peak oil" ...
- At a time when tens of millions of workers are struggling to pay for gas for their car, electricity for their home, and medical care for their families, the Republicans have stepped forward with a plan to help. They want to give another $20 to $30 billion in tax cuts to the rich.
- Oh Lord, lift this burden from the shoulders of these poor unfortunates.
- The dollar is getting hammered almost daily now. It’s like watching the blood ooze from a hemophiliac. In just one month the dollar has tumbled from $1.20 to $1.29 vs. the euro; an astonishing 7% retreat.
- That's because bankers collect interest for doing nothing. They extend "credit" which is nothing but thin air that is ALWAYS paid by the interest they collect from someone else.
- George Bush’s latest scam to line the pockets of the super-rich with tax cuts.
- The real terrorists are not cowering in the mountains of Tora Bora, but towering in the boardrooms of Wall Street and London.
- Conditions in the financial markets are eerily similar to those that precipitated the "Black Monday" stock market crash of October 1987, according to leading City analysts.
- There is now powerful evidence in the production figures worldwide that we have reached global peak oil production. The collective nations of the earth will not make up for this by importing oil from other planets.
- ...the workplace has become a hub of anxiety and fear, an essential but capricious environment in which you might be shown the door at any moment.
- "The Very Nature of Profit-Based, Market Capitalism"
- 'I'm not sure these devout Jews are using Jewish ethics to treat their workers'
Pages for May, 2006