|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of April, 2006.
Viewing Economics NEWS articles 1 through 24 of 24.
- A Terrible Weapon in the Hands of the Rich
- The stage is being set for the US to fall. You have to understand that illegals ARE NOT the problem. It is our corrupt government who allows them to come here in the first place, driving down the wages and pushing the country into a slave society.
- Feeling insecure about your job harms both mental and physical health -- whether you actually lose your job or not.
- ...take another look at the folks who invented the word liberté. Throughout the month of March and beyond, they were demonstrating, rioting, and burning up cars to preserve a right Americans can only dream of: the right not to be fired at an employer’s whim.
- Permanently abolishing the estate tax would cost almost $1 trillion in the first ten years.
- If accurate, this will mean your already worthless money will be even more worthless and hyper-inflation will eventually decimate what remains of the so-called middle class.
- What the Pentagon Budget Could Buy You
- FED CHAIRMAN ANNOUNCES "NO MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS"
- The giant pay gap between US corporate bosses and their workers widened further last year, as chief executive compensation leapt 15.8 per cent.
- Capitalist profiteers.
- Last year, while touting the "ownership society," President Bush went on the "Today" show and uttered a classic Bushism: "Ownin’ stuff is good."
- The most absurd corporate tax giveaway of 2005.
- Paying for tax cuts for the wealthy with . . . more tax cuts for the wealthy!
- "The kind of money you cannot comprehend"
- It’s clear that when it comes to making profits, U.S. business sees no borders.
- "[J]ust as administration officials continued to insist that the trailers were weapons labs long after their own intelligence analysts had concluded otherwise, officials continue to claim that most of the tax cuts went to the middle class even though their own tax analysts know better."
- Once again the tidings of the season and the news from the news reminded one and all that it is better to be rich than to be poor. The week ended with news of the Cheneys' tax refund and began with stories in the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal reminding us that the rich get richer and the rest don't.
- For a growing number of US workers, dreams of a decent retirement are quickly evaporating as companies shift retirement costs onto workers, in the form of deductions from already declining wages...
- What, you say? That's not a REAL choice.
- Eighteen of America's wealthiest families...are bankrolling efforts to permanently repeal estate taxes that would save their families a total of $71.6 billion, according to a report released Tuesday by public interest groups.
- Presidential elections will not resolve this issue, the system is broken. There are no political solutions. We should be looking at developments in Nepal to understand how this dilemma will eventually be decided.
- George W. Bush would like to sell you the idea that pesky environmental regulations are keeping gas prices high.
- Confused? Don't be. There are two simple explanations for this obvious - and painful - contradiction.
- Oil prices could rocket to $100 within six months, plunging the world into an unprecedented fuel crisis...
Pages for April, 2006